Joined a few days ago, from the Southern USA

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimeTraveler

Reaction score
Hello, I joined a few days ago, and have been taking my time to get to learn my way around.

My husband and I are pretty new to prepping. We started about a year ago. We buy a lot of things on sale like rice and beans and pasta, we have lot of dehydrated foods, and we started gardening with heirloom seeds last year. It was a great success! It allowed us to dry our crops and do some canning as well as put some in the freezer with plenty left to share with family and friends.

We have recently purchased a couple of guns. My goal for this year is to learn to use weapons, I have no knowledge of how they operate or how to use them. I can shoot pretty decently if my husband loads the gun and sets it up for me.

We are currently saving up for a water filtration system. We catch rain water and we have a pond of our own. We also have a decent stock of bottled water.

We live in a small home and we have stuff stashed everywhere.

I was approached recently by a friend who is in local LE for our area who did not know that I had started prepping, but knew I had some skills with gardening and canning and sewing. So we are forming a VERY SMALL group of us to start working on prepping together. It has already been decided that the 3 people who are in our group will meet here at my house as I have too much to try and move. They have many weapons and some tools to get us by.

I have no plans to bug out. I am in a remote area, with tons of wild life, and hearty ground.

We planted a orchard of 40 fruit, nut and fig trees last year. We are the only ones who know about them and they are WAY out of sight of the road. And mixed in with some other trees on our acreage.

If the SHTF after 2014 we will have one more building on our property. My husband has plans to build his shop on the back and run it on solar. So if we have to retreat to there when the SHTF we will so we will have power. The top of the shop will be a man cave if you will, that will have storage and rooms and with the solar we would be able to run refrigeration.

Thanks for allowing us to join this community I hope to learn a lot from you all.

Hello, I joined a few days ago, and have been taking my time to get to learn my way around.

My husband and I are pretty new to prepping. We started about a year ago. We buy a lot of things on sale like rice and beans and pasta, we have lot of dehydrated foods, and we started gardening with heirloom seeds last year. It was a great success! It allowed us to dry our crops and do some canning as well as put some in the freezer with plenty left to share with family and friends.

We have recently purchased a couple of guns. My goal for this year is to learn to use weapons, I have no knowledge of how they operate or how to use them. I can shoot pretty decently if my husband loads the gun and sets it up for me.

We are currently saving up for a water filtration system. We catch rain water and we have a pond of our own. We also have a decent stock of bottled water.

I was approached recently by a friend who is in local LE for our area who did not know that I had started prepping, but knew I had some skills with gardening and canning and sewing. So we are forming a VERY SMALL group of us to start working on prepping together. It has already been decided that the 3 people who are in our group will meet here at my house as I have too much to try and move. They have many weapons and some tools to get us by.

I have no plans to bug out. I am in a remote area, with tons of wild life, and hearty ground.

We planted a orchard of 40 fruit, nut and fig trees last year. We are the only ones who know about them and they are WAY out of sight of the road. And mixed in with some other trees on our acreage.

If the SHTF after 2014 we will have one more building on our property. My husband has plans to build his shop on the back and run it on solar. So if we have to retreat to there when the SHTF we will so we will have power. The top of the shop will be a man cave if you will, that will have storage and rooms and with the solar we would be able to run refrigeration.

Thanks for allowing us to join this community I hope to learn a lot from you all.
Welcome to the site. By the way you are talking, you will be a great asset to this site. If you need any advise, just ask and someone here will help. There are alot of very experienced people on this site that are willing to help others. Don't be supprised if I pick your brain for info about gardening and other stuff. Again Welcome.

Welcome and thanks for joining the community. It sounds like you actually have a lot on the ball, IMO. You may be new to this site, but you sure don't sound new to the idea of self-sufficiency. I too am looking forward to hearing you experiences with gardening and planting the trees.

I hope you get to pull as much info as we're hoping you share with us... You said firearms are the ticket this year. It sounds like you're on your way with that too, and should find some good info here on the subject. Learning to load, check condition, and unload are the first things usually taught in a firearms class, but learning to shoot first isn't out of the reason for sure. Living out in the sticks a bit should give you plenty of time to get things sorted out firearms -wise, I would think. THanks again for joining.

Thanks for the welcome!! I'm back to work after 2 months of being off. So I've had a rough few days. Something I have learned while being off is to ask my docs if I can get a few more refills of meds so I can start storing some meds back as well. I've been very fortunate that my doc is great and allows me a little extra.

I will be more than happy to share anything I have of value. As well as looking forward to learning more.

Here's a picture of a plant I have that should not even be blooming but it is!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360502267.326469.jpg

This raises my confidence that I will be able to grow some winter crops!

G'day from down under. You sound like a wealth of knowledge!! Look forward to hearing your ideas. I'm also in LE, but our gun restrictions are a lot stricter here. Welcome, this is a very informative site.

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Should you have any questions or need help with anything feel free to ask. The members on here are more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back