Jim's Rant For The Day. (On the Collapse and Reset)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, we are at war, so you shouldn't call other members here who are on the same side cowards. You know that never goes over well, if you call people in your group cowards you are risking your group.

Georgia Peachie wrote that PP is anything but a coward, only this time you didn't read what you accused PP of before.

Anyway, I'm done with you, welcome to my ignore list where you can keep others company. I have enjoyed reading your posts from time to time, but from someone so quick to accuse others of cowardice, I no longer need to.

If you think PP put me up to saying that against you, you are very wrong, I am just saying what I think and from your accusations I think you are a leader but very quick to arbitrarily judge your people.
Good luck for the future and be grateful that you have not been kicked out here, I have rarely seen a forum that does not punish insults against moderators and ADMINs with a direct expulsion.

It's ok Ban. We are in a war like no other in history. The phsyops are extensive and can work on the best of us.

For those that have just given up on life and a future, I can only feel sorry for them.
What is a life of despair compared to hope and action?

I couldn't imagine why a person would waste there time posting here if they had given up, but of course there will be some, that's the nature of the world. I know why some give up, they allow other people to divert them from their chosen course, like the wife who refuses to leave the suburbs and the shopping malls for a rural home. Others allow their jobs to dictate their future, I know many who have done that.

To survive and thrive in the future you have to stop and use your Brain. Be very critical in your choices and take the action necessary as soon as opportunity knocks, let nothing get in your way. I have left so many friends, and lovers behind, simply because they weren't interested in silly pocket knives and storing up food. People striving instead to live the Australian, or American, Dream. But it's not their Dream, it's a Dream given them by the mass media, by the TV, it's a Dream for the corporations and governments actually because they are ultimately the winners.

Out here in the backblocks I actually have all those elements of the corporate Dream and they seem to come naturally if you play your cards right and work hard. But like many preppers I'm 20 years behind the corporates, the vehicles are older reliable ones, the furnishings solid and stylish but not the 2020's junk. There are so many elements to preparing for the hard future but you'll never get there following the lead of the TV set will you. It's why I don't have one, wouldn't watch a minute of it let alone 4 hours a night. I'd rather spend an hour or two here, even wading through the delusions because there are gems to be found.

Here’s What The Corporate Media And Biden DOJ Aren’t Telling You About Sam Bankman-Fried

Bankman-Fried gave $27 million to Protect Our Future PAC and was its main backer in the 2022 midterm election cycle by far,
according to OpenSecrets. The PAC spent $23 million to boost Democrats during the cycle.

The fraudster contributed $5 million to a Super PAC boosting Biden’s 2020 campaign
called Future Forward USA, according to Federal Election Commission data. He also gave $50,000 to the Biden Victory Fund and $2,800 to the Biden campaign in October 2020.

Moreover, Bankman-Fried allegedly tasked FTX Director of Engineering Nishad Singh to make contributions to Democrats in his name for reasons relating to “optics,”
the former executive testified, according to a trial transcript posted by Inner City Press.
https://dailycaller.com/2024/03/28/what-corporate-med

1711905447225.png

20 odd year ago I read a historical about life in England before industrialization. Most of the population lived in villages on the common lands, no taxes, and farmed. There were farmhands etc and there were guilds, the weavers guild, the potters guild etc. Thing was they only worked the equivalent of about 6 months a year, the rest was leisure time, festivals and sitting around talking and partying. Then industrialization came, the overlords closed the common lands and forced everyone into the cities to slave in the factories.

I thought about that for a while then decided I would take it onboard. I was in business for myself, a guildsman, so to speak, and I structured my life so as I only had to work about half a year in aggregate. I had lots of time off in Winter and in summer never worked past 1pm, often knocking off before lunch. There was a lot of Cash involved... Just because the 'System' says we have to slave 40+ hours a week until 68 doesn't mean we have to. I retired before 60 too, I won't say how I managed to do this but a part of it is a generous Federal payment. Money many would say I'm not entitled to but I care not for the opinions of those in bondage.

Wage slaves will always gripe about what others get, they will work their whole lives for the system and in the end get shafted by it. That's their lot in life and nothing will change it. Their opinion is not their own, they are simply parroting what the government has told them is just, even as the government enriches itself and its friends, at their expense, before their very eyes. Even as the government gives untold billions to help immigrants to move into their towns and cities and degrade them. How can you respect people like that? Avoid them like the plague.

BackandBeyond:
Funny you should post what you just said. I was just reviewing work I did several years ago on creating
Co-Op Villages right after the Collapse and Reset. They would be for those who wished to live there outside of our current 40 hour a week Horror Life. Living life happily on 20 hour work weeks is easily doable.

I feel most people could live a happy life on 20 hours a week doing what they enjoy doing.

Below are a few short articles describing such a concept. Source: COOPVillages.Us

Dreaded “D’s” top of page

The village economy would provide a lifetime shield from the financial impact of the dreaded “D’s”, that being: downsized, divorced, death of a partner, disease, disability, dementia and delinquent mortgage and utility bills.

Restructured Jobs top of page

Jobs in America are plagued with the polar problems of either consuming too much time (up to 60 hours a week), and no jobs available to others. What if you restructured the jobs so that there were far fewer jobs, but able to be worked by most everybody, paying the same rate to all, with a maximum workweek of 20 hours?

This is doable! By going to an internal cashless society, 80% of most jobs are eliminated. This would then create the above situation in which job sharing is the rule. Because there would be no competition for jobs, those with the skills would be most eager to share their knowledge and skills with the untrained so that the 20 hour maximum is not exceeded – the pay is the same.

Homeless to Aliens top of page

Yesterday I attended a workshop regarding lack of affordable housing for persons with disabilities and the homeless. As I sat there I noticed that half of the participants were professionals employed as social workers, attorneys specializing in discrimination litigation, etc. and the rest were referred to as their “consumers”. I listened as they all agreed that there just were not any affordable homes available, period. Just this week the city of Pensacola, by its actions, implied that affordable housing was new homes in the $175,000 - $200,000 range. It appeared that nothing at all was accomplished by the workshop except for a little venting and a few consumers learned to fight harder for one of the remaining affordable houses.

During the workshop Albert Einstein’s statement “The enormous problems we face today cannot be solved from the same frame of mind that created them” kept going through my head. Maybe we are looking at the problem too closely. I wondered how an alien, unfamiliar with our culture and economics, would have assessed yesterday’s workshop and address the housing problem? I think possibly the following:
  • This is a long term problem that has been occurring for many, many years. If the goal is to make the problem permanently disappear, it is futile to solve the long-term problem with a short-term solution.

• Based on ten thousand years of history it is obvious that governments have no intent of permanently resolving this problem. Therefore it might be concluded that in the scheme of our social economic system the “problem” is beneficial in some way and is not a problem to the whole. Or perhaps it is just a small flaw of our system that we tolerate.

• The problem may have been sliced and analyzed too thinly. Litigators view it from a litigation viewpoint only. They are paid to do that so they must close their eyes to other viewpoints. Social workers do the same. Landlords do the same. These persons are not paid to resolve the problem from the whole.

• If the problem could be permanently resolved in one day would the above mentioned persons elect to do so? Probably not - they themselves would be without a job and subject to homelessness. This is the culture we live in.

• A short-term solution is to put an economic underachiever in a home and then leave them. In our suburbia culture, lacking transportation, medical assistance, community support and livable wage jobs, most of these placed persons will rejoin the homeless.

• It is falsely assumed that because most of these persons cannot locate a 40 hour a week job in the want ads that they are unemployable and thus will always be non-productive to community.

• There are two money problems in our culture: the lack of money and too much money. The problem with too much money is that we use it for security and if you lose your money there goes your security. Oddly, the more money you have the more insecure you become!

• Earlier in our history it appears that we systematically destroyed tribal communities. Perhaps this was done so that we could control them with money. Until our arrival the tribe was a member’s security so he had no need for money.Caballero

• It appears that the current culture dictates that any activity undertaken must be taxed by supplying a living to others around it. This need not be so.
Possible Solution:
Perhaps it is time that we establish villages or communities small and large enough to house both moneyless and the wealthy, providing security for all. Only affordable housing costing around $40,000 each would be constructed. The community would not be dependent on transportation as most jobs would be provided to all who wish to work there. This would be a place that would be internally sustainable forever. This would be a place where the professionals who would work themselves out of a job would rather be at anyway. From start to finish, no one would make a profit on the venture.

Fighting over the few remaining affordable houses is not the long-term solution. Building a surplus of affordable houses is.

Last edited:
CoOpVillages Articles, Part II

Required Work & Personal Income top of page

Of great concern to residents are the questions: “How much time would I have to work?”, “Will everyone have to work the same amount of time”, “Would I have to share my pension” and “What happens if someone refuses to work?”

These issues would be decided by the entire community itself through three of its twelve Focus groups, being:
1. How will we share our abundance?
2. How will we enrich ourselves?
3. How will we coordinate what we enjoy doing?

But in the meantime, simple answers are offered here as to how the Focus groups might resolve these issues in the early startup stage.

However, before these questions can be answered residents would need to understand several factors about the village economics, that being:

Factor #1 Transition Periods: It will take time to get residents to go from “each man for himself” mode of thinking to “What’s in the best interest of all concerned?” mindset. It will take time to go from the current cash culture to a self sustained cashless culture. It will also take perhaps ten years for startup, that being financing the construction and land acquisition and then to payoff that financing, before the village is truly running as envisioned.

Factor #2 Cash Requirements: At startup a great amount of cash will be required to purchase land and building materials. Success of the village will always be at risk as long as outside parties (banks) have a mortgage on the property. Therefore it would be wise to raise as much cash as possible from the residents and at the same time prioritize paying off any third party financing as soon as possible, insuring that the community land trust will be free to manage the property for hundreds of years as envisioned. After startup a small amount of cash will be required for some utilities and other outside services the community simply cannot provide for itself.

Factor #3 Limited Pensions: Some residents will come into the community receiving pensions, annuities, Social Security, or passive business income. It is probable that after 30 years no resident would have these income streams.

Factor #4 Room & Board: Each resident would be expected to provide the cash or cash equivalent to pay for their share of the land, infrastructure and house. Each resident would also be expected to provide the cash or cash equivalent (labor) for their living expenses.

Factor #5 Time Cards: Initially an accounting office would track payments made and time worked by residents. After all property has been paid for and the village has shifted its mindset successfully this function might cease.

Factor #6: The Focus Group “How do we coordinate what we enjoy doing” would attempt to assign jobs in accordance with our personal likes, thus we would enjoy the tasks assigned and not feel like we were working. This Focus group would also do all it could to coax residents to socialize and at the same time perform additional efforts on behalf of the community that only outsiders might consider work.

Possible Solution #1 Purchase Money: The first issue would deal with the “purchase money” needed to pay for a resident’s share of the land, house and infrastructure. Cash would be needed to pay outside vendors for the land and materials. Village Companies could be formed so that residents without the up-front cash could perform outside work. This job might be for 20 hours a week for three or four years until the debt is paid.

Possible Solution #2 Living Expenses: Each resident would have to contribute for their share of food, utilities, property taxes, etc. Because cash would be needed mainly in the formative years, those with cash incomes might be able to provide cash, at a pre-decided rate, instead of performing work. Those without an income would be required to work a village job, internal or external, for perhaps 20 hours a week, forever. This might be in addition to the temporary “purchase money” job some would hold.

Please note that in a short period of time the “purchase money” job would be eliminated. Also note that in time those with outside cash incomes would die off so that eventually no one would be in a position to cash themselves out of performing work.

Some residents may be exempted from work due to inability to perform any type of work. The village may allow an elderly family member in that fits this description, as we all may be in time. However, even physically disabled residents might be able to answer phones or snap peas. Again, all of these issues would be decided by the community through its Focus groups.

Possible Solution #3 Personal Income: If a resident has cash income more than his share of living expenses, he should be allowed to keep that excess. Remember that in time this disparity will go away through attrition.

Possible Solution #4 Work Refusal: In the event that the Focus groups cannot get a resident to perform his required work then the community could decide to refund his purchase money and perhaps provide additional help to get him established to live elsewhere. The refund amount would be as pre-defined in the Community Land Trust Bylaws. This would not be an act of ill-will towards that resident, but rather a recognition that some persons might not adjust to this way of life and would be happier elsewhere.

Communism? top of page

Isn’t the CoOp Village concept just communism? In a nutshell, No. Communism is a strong Central Government in control of your entire life.

A CoOp Village is a corporation that the members hold equal shares in. That corporation serves all of the people. You live on its land in a corporate maintained home. It provides your health and nourishment.

If you tire of having boiled okra for daily breakfast you have four choices. You can cook your own breakfast from food you purchased yourself, vote to change the menu, move to an okra free cluster farther over or you can sell your stock back and move out of the Village. You will sell at an established price agreed to by all members before joining. You can then get a free crew and Village truck to help you move your possessions to another Village or into the surrounding region with your nest egg. Now does that sound like Communism to you?

Latest posts

Back