Jim Rogers: This is going to end badly

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
Jim Rogers, creator of the Rogers International Commodities Index is making some dire predictions about the global economy:

"Eventually, the whole world is going to collapse," Jim Rogers chides a disquieted CBC anchor as he explains the reality that, "we in the West have staggering debts. The United States is the largest debtor nation in the history of the world," adding that "this is going to end badly."

Rogers, in his inimitable way, sums up the state of euphoria that many markets find themselves in thus, "we are all floating around on a sea of artificial liquidity right now. This is not going to last."

"Be Prepared, Be Worried, And Be Careful"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-12-04/jim-rogers-cautions-be-prepared-be-worried-and-be-careful-going-end-badly

Last edited:
we been floating around it since qe1,qe2,qe3 they keep printing money with out backing sooner it will fail or later. And then hyper in flaishon

Were writing checks and the world stills takes them. Amazing I can't believe were still here.

Check the embedded map below.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Failed_state_index_2013.svg

800px-Failed_state_index_2013.svg.png

Alert
Warning
Stable
Sustainable

No Information / Dependent Territory

They show Australia, Canada and Germany, Holland as been stable - Australia jobs are being shed very rapidly and gov income is $10 billion a month less than 2 years ago and debt has gone from zero to 30% of GDP in 6 years and Australians have one of the highest private debt ratios (credit cards). Canada 66% of GDP debt.

They have the US 100% GDP debt, Japan 240% GDP debt as stable with other basket case countries like Spain and Italy as stable - I will leave you to decide on that one!! Mongolia stable mining boom economy is is sharp decline Have a substantial imbalance of paymetns

The rest of the world is in warning or alert, sure wiki is not the best source of data but it does paint an "interesting" picture. If every country is up to there eye balls in debt even some of the so called stable countries (green on map) where is all the money coming from??
It is no doubt a global catastrophe in the making, I just cant put a time on it, the stock and commodity (esp gold) prices no longer make much sense.

Just looking at the map (2013), Argentina and Ukraine should be moved to "Alert/failed" - it shows how quickly things change.

Gold prices are set by Federal Reserve money printing to the tune of 85 billion a month. To by toxic assets from wall st & main st banks. None can pass a real stress test. Hold on to that gold & silver .

Just looking at the map (2013), Argentina and Ukraine should be moved to "Alert/failed" - it shows how quickly things change.

So should kalifornia, detroit, & d.c.

Gold prices are set by Federal Reserve money printing to the tune of 85 billion a month. To by toxic assets from wall st & main st banks. None can pass a real stress test. Hold on to that gold & silver .

Every time that I see silver going down, I just smile cause that means I can get more of it for the same amount of monopoly money.

I think using "Monopoly money" as a metaphor for Federal Reserve Notes is an injustice. Actual Monopoly money is much more stable than Federal Reserve Notes. :D

The rent on Boardwalk costs the same today as when I was a kid!

Silver is a bargain today I'm paying for it with less than monopoly money. I don't know if you guy know about the blood moons But it will be interesting to see what happens. I don't know if we see November election.

I told the old lady today that if TSHTF we'll have to go jump on our safe cause the PM's in there is going to try and go through the roof! Of course all those boats that sank with PM's will hopefully stay sunk might pop back to the surface as well.

Federal Reserve set those prices its falls gold & silver will sky rocket plus others. Nixon took us off the gold & silver standard F.R. has protected the dollar since. If Putin takes the fight to the next level he'll stop taking dollar for the oil & gas they sell Europe. That will be a disaster for us.

Federal Reserve set those prices its falls gold & silver will sky rocket plus others. Nixon took us off the gold & silver standard F.R. has protected the dollar since. If Putin takes the fight to the next level he'll stop taking dollar for the oil & gas they sell Europe. That will be a disaster for us.

FDR is the one that took us off the gold standard, Nixon made it so you could not convert dollars to gold at a fixed value, then a few years later Ford made it legal for citizens to once again at least own bullion.

If memory is right we were on silver certificates FdR change from gold . Nixon gave us worthless dollars. Back by oil & gas. I remember when it was legal to own gold again. My wife has 20 & 5 dollar gold pieces from South America. They were gotten after the ban.

Were writing checks and the world stills takes them. Amazing I can't believe were still here.

I couldn't figure out why the world still takes our checks either. I finally have the answer. I won't do the original author justice here, but i'll summarize. We are already in debt and the foreign countries and world at large carry this debt by owning U.S. Treasuries. They continue to produce goods for sale and we purchase them after import for U.S. dollars. Its a big ponzi scheme, they want their interest and original principal back and we hand them dollars. They'd really like to have their gold rather than dollars or our paper iou's (treasury notes). We then give them the grand deal that they can take their dollars and buy more ious (treasury notes). They don't want to but why do they do it? Its actually really simple. They have to sell their goods or their economy collapses. They don't want our dollars but we aren't going to pay in gold. They don't want to buy more treasury notes, but they have dollars to burn. And, they have figured out that if they don't continue to buy our treasury notes, then we collapse and then they subsequently collapse. At least that is my explanation of what I now understand.

we been floating around it since qe1,qe2,qe3 they keep printing money with out backing sooner it will fail or later. And then hyper in flaishon

Much longer than that...try years.

The entire world economy is one giant Ponzi scheme, and everyone knows it, but since there is no alternative, it just perpetuates. Simply put, the world takes our checks because if we fall, they all fall. Not to mention, if you go bust, and you have the world's largest and most advanced military, what do you do with it? Can you say Imperialism? Knew you could.... ;) Same with China and Russia. The only reason one of us hasn't embarked in it, is because the others keep all in check.

Latest posts

Back