it's time for me to move

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
for those that don't know.i live in a apartment. things have been so-so living there.but things HAVE GOTTEN WORSE.one druggie gets away with everything short of murder.(managers pet). neighbor is the wicked witch from the west.the managers are getting more strict,and they have a real sorry attitude.and to top it off.i got a notice two days ago.saying that I either find a new home for my dog or move.i choose to move,on account I ain't giving up my dog.in other words.i ain't choosing them over her. I've been packing my stuff into totes ever since.now I need to look for a place to move to.even if it's in the city, which I don't like.so if any know of a good place to move to, preferably in texas.and south of dallas.and north of the ocean lol. it'd be appreciated if y'all let me know.

What about the Bryan/College Station area south of you? Get me, a UT grad recommending Aggieland. LOL B/CS is not too big of a city. It's far enough away from the Gulf to not be much of a hurricane prepping issue (why we moved from Galveston up to Central TX when we retired). B/CS doesn't get too cold in the winter either. Don't know about rental housing there, but land and homes to buy appear reasonably priced compared to the state in general. Restaurants and amenities abound, but mostly chain places, since it is a college town, after all. If any 4-5-star restaurantsexist there, I haven't seen any of those yet in B/CS. There's also a Baylor Scott and White Hospital there with an impressive physician directory on-line. I checked it out, as our BOL is within 35 miles of B/CS and we're in the Baylor S&W system up where we live now, so our medical records would likely transfer smoothly.

Oh, OK, you want really small then. It's real nice around Madisonville and some of the neighboring smaller towns, east and west of I-45. Madisonville has around 4,000 people or so, but other towns in that area are smaller. Land was reasonable in that general area last I looked. Don't know about rental options though. We seriously considered that area when we bought our cabin getaway 5 years ago. But our place was the perfect secluded prepper place so it won out over Madisonville area.

Think like a prepper . Rural , garden space , natural water source . Even better try to come up with a down payment and buy that property . Google nuclear strike targets in the U.S. as to avoid those areas .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back