Items you normally don't think to stockpile

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If an extra pair of shoes seems to much, I go through shoe strings like crazy. Shoe strings have a lot of other possible uses and are not heavy. Just a thought...
And for the people who have redwing boots don't forget you get free laces through Red Wing for the life of you boots or shoes from them! This is extremely helpful with the tough laces from the logger style boots when they are brand new.

And for the people who have redwing boots don't forget you get free laces through Red Wing for the life of you boots or shoes from them! This is extremely helpful with the tough laces from the logger style boots when they are brand new.
So how do you do this?? I live 45 minutes from the plant and never heard of this incentive!

So how do you do this?? I live 45 minutes from the plant and never heard of this incentive!
If you own a pair of Red Wings all you have to do is tell them your laces broke. It's one of those incentives that they don't publicly announce.

wow some really good ideas ....i agree about shoes ...but the 4 pairs in my stock pile are stringless...but my hiking boots need them...is anything i really must know???

If an extra pair of shoes seems to much, I go through shoe strings like crazy. Shoe strings have a lot of other possible uses and are not heavy. Just a thought...
wow some really good ideas ....i agree about shoes ...but the 4 pairs in my stock pile are stringless...but my hiking boots need them...is anything i really must know???
I actually have paracord in one of my pairs of boots. Since I wear a size 13 shoe that's quite a bit of paracord!

jackets, hoodies,t-shirts/lonsleeve shirts, socks, hats/tabolgans (or however u spell them), ear muffs/gloves(for winter), pants/shorts, Scarfs, underware (Bra's is a personal preference for women), soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes,shampoo, tools to work on stuff (car,truck, anything else), reloading supplies, extra purses/wallets, a couple airsoft guns( to have fun inside/outside with kids), Music/games(games if your be having a generator or solarpanels, extra solar panels/battery banks/wires( and other solar panel stuff), wind turbines, footwear, pillows, blankets, conferters, Computer parts, game system parts

i think i got all the stuff i would keep extra thats not in that list

Yep, we have those too. Never thought to mention them, but great idea to do so.
I sometime use a manual drill just because it's too much work to rig up a cord. I know, I know, I really need a cordless, but I have like 3 corded drills, and most of the time, a plug is handy, so not a big deal.
I have an old manual mixer that is pretty neat. I'd love to get a manual washing machine at some point.

Of course.
i have one of each drill..cordless,electric and manual..some times where i need to drill is ethier further then i care for when it comes to the cord,or is to far to reach.and drilling a hole into a fence post might requier a more heavy duty drill then my cordless.so i use the manual

In the process of making and planning preps, I've often stumbled upon items I didn't originally think of to stockpile. We all think about food, water, weapons, etc., but there are other things also.

KNOWLEDGE - If the grid collapses, so does the Internet. Gone is the ability to get info on anything within moments. That's why books of useful knowledge, maps, how to guides, pdfs, etc. will be gold.

DIVERSIONS - No TV or Internet, so once you do get some down time from surviving, what to do for fun? Games, cards, and other non-powered diversions (including books).

SHOES - Shoes wear out. This will be especially true in a survival situation. An expensive item to stockpile, and one with no real immediate benefit, but not a bad idea to have a few spare practical shoes around.

TOILET PAPER - Sure, you can use leaves, but I'd rather have a stockpile of this, thanks.

CLEANERS - Sanitation will be important. There are household ways to make these as well, so not a bad thing to look into.

PET SUPPLIES/FOOD - Sure, you stocked up plenty of food, but what about your cat or dog?

BUILDING/REPAIR SUPPLIES - Things break, they'll need fixing.

SPARE CAR ELECTRONIC PARTS - If an EMP pulse kills your vehicle, not the end of the world if you have some key spare parts that are in a shielded location. Could get them from a junkyard even, and have just in case.

So, what other items have recently made your lists, that you didn't think of before?
I was looking at topics and I came across this post and I thought that it would be a good idea to bring it back to the for front of conversations. With a lot of new members including myself, I found this helpful and it made me think!!!

stock pile meds your family needs, I have five month supply of mine in all my meds, also small things of use you can trade with for things like gas or water, I have hand fans and spray bottles too in case we or others need them in the summer and the electricity goes out. candles and candle making things a good thing to have and a grill or wood stove if you got that. I have two boxes of candles i need to move into a closet soon.

Latest posts

Back