Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lingerlongerpreps42

Reaction score
Anyone in NC (or willing to move to NC) looking for a safe place to ride out what is coming? If so, we have acres outside of Raleigh (a safe distance away) with chickens, garden & over 5,000 sq feet of home to share. Our property has a 900 sq foot workshop. Attached to home are 2 large garages. We also have a green house (that needs rebuilt). We have land that would be perfect for a large bunker install. Pens in back for livestock or whatever. Wood cribs and full house video security system (not installed yet, but should be soon) Space to build storage sheds or armory. Access to large shooting/archery range hidden deep in the woods. On city water right now but the old well can be fixed up and used instead. (That's our plan)

We have supplies, house, a good starter base garden, chickens, pens for goats or other animals and lots of space. What we don't have is help. We are a married couple with one child, we need help from like minded people to turn our solid start into a fully off grid compound for us all.
We have food for us, we need people with their own supplies already (who like us, are continuing to stockpile as much as we can). People with various skills and a great work ethic. Husband is former military with a great range of technical and construction expertise. But the 2 of us (one works out of home, one at home) can't get everything done or built by ourselves. It really does take a village, our village needs more people.

Two possible options (but are open to ideas/suggestions)

1-Work with us on the property when you can & store your supplies here. Then when the day comes you just move in.

2- We are open to people/ family moving in full time sooner. That can be discussed.

If you have your own supplies or at min. your own 6 month supply of food and useful skills, we can offer you a place to call home when the time comes or sooner. To finish this compound and make it easily defendable, we will need people with some money saved up to pitch in with us on some of the final builds/repairs. House is very well made, hardy plank w metal roof.
We would love to find some people to join us and create a place where we all can safely ride out what's coming.
Anyone interested in talking
lingerlongerpreps42 at yahoo
We are located NE of Raleigh, far enough away but still close to small town for supplies etc.

Vetting people for a group is really tough. No one is going to come right out and admit they are a lazy free loader or ### hole. It likely is easier to vet someone now though than after shtf. I wish you luck and hope you find some good people interested. I’ve always known a group is the only way to really ensure your security and accomplish more.

Vetting people for a group is really tough. No one is going to come right out and admit they are a lazy free loader or ### hole. It likely is easier to vet someone now though than after shtf. I wish you luck and hope you find some good people interested. I’ve always known a group is the only way to really ensure your security and accomplish more.
Thank you for your reply. Yes, we are late to the party on this idea, but maybe we will get lucky. Our idea is like a hunting camp that people share maintenance, use and ownership shares except this camp is for bug out time and preps. We keep trying to get our friends on board but they are not preppers and are still living in a fantastic land of denial. They will prob all show up one day but with no skills or supplies. That does not work. I appreciate your response and have a great week!

if people don't prep NOW, they prolly never will and when turds hits the fan blades it's too late and those are more of a liability than assets when they show up with nothing more than a bare arse and a beggars cup in hand..

if people don't prep NOW, they prolly never will and when turds hits the fan blades it's too late and those are more of a liability than assets when they show up with nothing more than a bare arse and a beggars cup in hand..
I think if some have skills Or knowledge that are needed Then they could still be beneficial but your right, becoming a prepper after shtf is a lot less useful.

Ah......were I still single..... Then again, my girlfriend, unlike my exwife, is 100% behind me prepping. In fact she keeps pushing for more, and to include our immediate family. Speaking of vetting, though, her and I are in conflict on that last point. Her son, engaged and lives within 5 miles of us, is not at all into prepping, and has little drive to do such. My daughter, who lives within 10 miles of us, is the same. She lives with her bf and his 4 kids....that's a lot of mouths to feed where they to show up at our front door asking for a hand out. I suppose if I was hard-headed enough and more of an asshole myself, I'd be able to get all of them to work together and form our own community (MAG).

So, yes, it's very hard to vet people, even your own family members sometimes.

Anyone in NC (or willing to move to NC) looking for a safe place to ride out what is coming? If so, we have acres outside of Raleigh (a safe distance away) with chickens, garden & over 5,000 sq feet of home to share. Our property has a 900 sq foot workshop. Attached to home are 2 large garages. We also have a green house (that needs rebuilt). We have land that would be perfect for a large bunker install. Pens in back for livestock or whatever. Wood cribs and full house video security system (not installed yet, but should be soon) Space to build storage sheds or armory. Access to large shooting/archery range hidden deep in the woods. On city water right now but the old well can be fixed up and used instead. (That's our plan)

We have supplies, house, a good starter base garden, chickens, pens for goats or other animals and lots of space. What we don't have is help. We are a married couple with one child, we need help from like minded people to turn our solid start into a fully off grid compound for us all.
We have food for us, we need people with their own supplies already (who like us, are continuing to stockpile as much as we can). People with various skills and a great work ethic. Husband is former military with a great range of technical and construction expertise. But the 2 of us (one works out of home, one at home) can't get everything done or built by ourselves. It really does take a village, our village needs more people.

Two possible options (but are open to ideas/suggestions)

1-Work with us on the property when you can & store your supplies here. Then when the day comes you just move in.

2- We are open to people/ family moving in full time sooner. That can be discussed.

If you have your own supplies or at min. your own 6 month supply of food and useful skills, we can offer you a place to call home when the time comes or sooner. To finish this compound and make it easily defendable, we will need people with some money saved up to pitch in with us on some of the final builds/repairs. House is very well made, hardy plank w metal roof.
We would love to find some people to join us and create a place where we all can safely ride out what's coming.
Anyone interested in talking
lingerlongerpreps42 at yahoo
We are located NE of Raleigh, far enough away but still close to small town for supplies etc.

Depending on if you have a plan to utilize them or not, they could become assets and not a threat, but you don't mix them into a prepped group. If you could assist them in becoming self reliant you will make friends not enemies which you don't need. Every person in need you point a gun at is already your enemy. Maintain security but don't tick people off unnecessarily.

Latest posts

Back