Is there much interest in a Prepper store in Austalia?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSTA57

Reaction score
As the title states. Is there any interest in a Prepper store in Austalia?

Are there any Prepper stores in Australia?

I'm asking because we were either going to try and open a shooting range based in Sydney. But that's proving to be a big hassle. If that can't go through then we were looking at a Firearms store. Which made us think that maybe we could incorporate a Prepper store all in one.

So really I'm just looking for interest and will go from there

I think one of us Aussies has a store in Brisb. TEOTWAWKlaus is his user name.
Hey good idea though.

As far as a "Prepper store" i have never seen one purely dedicated to prepping, well not here in Au anyways.

I visited an Army disposal store the other day, and there was not more prepping wise you could ask for. Everything from MRE's to surplus uniforms and all at great, great prices. Must cheaper than i remember. There are quite a few dedicated one stop prep shops online, i just think the overheads would be too large considering the very fine market you would be dealing with/appealing to.

If your looking to get into it, maybe start part time online.

Just my opinion.

That's the sort of feed back I'm after.
Yeah u think ill try online first. Then see how it goes from there.
And if it works out ok - pretty good then once we have a firearms store we could make a small section for the prepping community. Even if it is small

That's the sort of feed back I'm after.
Yeah u think ill try online first. Then see how it goes from there.
And if it works out ok - pretty good then once we have a firearms store we could make a small section for the prepping community. Even if it is small

Sounds great.
Have you looked into what is required both financially and licensing wise, not to mention insurance and liability to open a store that stores and sell firearms?

I have made great friends with the two local store owners here and the anguish and stress i see them in at times is not something i wish on anyone. The laws surrounding such a business are constantly changing.

I have access to some really great prepper based product through my 9-5 job. Things such as solar, camping equipt, batteries, water filters etc etc. The list goes on. I thought about going online but the time involved, the very small margins etc changed my mind.

I happy just being a prepper :)

Good luck with it and please, keep us posted!

Check out our website www.teotwawki.com.au We are in the process of setting up a retail store, gun range and crossbow club. Not sure of the NSW legislation but I know the QLD legislation certainly has some hoops to jump through :)

Stay tuned for more products and details of the opening day!!

Good luck with that, please keep us posted.

And from what i knew, crossbows were illegal here?

Thanks!! :)

In QLD crossbows are a class M weapon which require a licence and genuine reason (club membership). Hence the difficulty in getting one as there is only a couple of clubs in Nth Qld (apparently) that cater for crossbows. We will be the only club in SEQ for crossbows and are currently in the process of providing a safety course for them. Facebook page is Qld Firearm and Crossbow Club.

try anaconda they have some really good stuff not really prepping items but they got camping gear, fishing stuff, hiking, kinves and alot more

Yeah online store, try it out. You could also sell prepacked kits for first timers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back