WTF!?!? IS IT TIME FOR DPF to.....

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Earth

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
I actually dread making this kind of post but..... Is it time for new members to be required to serve a one year probationary period and be required to at least post a couple of constructive prepper related posts each year??

Dr Henley has just shown beyond all reasonable doubt on another thread that Skeeter is not above board and Tonto is simply an out and out troll?

No, I don't think there should be a probationary period. I do think that it's up to the members of the forum to help police it. I came to a conclusion earlier that all this ignoring is actually part of the problem with flaming and spam. If we have people on ignore, we can't see the tripe they're posting, so stuff goes on unnoticed. Maybe in future if we all started reporting posts as spam and/or flaming the mods could then take over and deal with the problem posters.

No, I don't think there should be a probationary period. I do think that it's up to the members of the forum to help police it. I came to a conclusion earlier that all this ignoring is actually part of the problem with flaming and spam. If we have people on ignore, we can't see the tripe they're posting, so stuff goes on unnoticed. Maybe in future if we all started reporting posts as spam and/or flaming the mods could then take over and deal with the problem posters.

As usual Sally you nailed it on the head, you are 100% correct of course.

I actually did unignore them because there was so much buzz about them I needed to see what was going on. Damn, they are like chatterbots. I guess I'll need to suffer through all the crap for the very reasons you outlined.

On another site I am an admin. I have a very sensitive nose for trolls. Once my troll spidey senses start tingling, I'll give them enough rope to hang themselves, but once they do they disappear without a trace.

I don't know about a probationary period, but it's normal to require a certain amount of posts before offering things for sale, and if I went to Bladeforums, and posted exclusively about say, how much I hated chocolate because it contributed to tooth decay in minor children, I would expect to be booted pretty darn quick.

Thanks for reporting, I banned the spammer and deleted all there threads
Good. I was starting to lose interest in DPF and was thinking of leaving. At first these juvenile trolls were just a minor annoyance. But then they started taking over the site with their trivial BS. Most likely they'll be back again soon with a new name. I just hope it doesn't take as long to throw their ### out of here next time.

Latest posts

Back