Is ebola a serious threat to the UK?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't have to be.

They could make the 15 min test available, and then mandatory for any flying out of the affected countries, and that right there, would nip it in the bud internationally.

Instead, the current measures are going to do NOTHING to avoid international spread of it, as non-symptomatic carriers are going to pass the temp screens with flying colors (as the guy in Dallas would have, who then died), get home, then think they have the flu, and spread it to others before realizing they have Ebola. (and of course, those others spread it, and so on).

Mind boggling. It's almost as if they WANT this thing to spread. Even my inner conspiracy nut can't fathom that one, but it is what their actions suggest. It's either that or gross incompetence and stupidity, and both are pretty scary prospects.

I just bought some mouth masks, by the recent knews about the bad quality of screenings it looks like an infected could go right through with no problem.

get some medical type gloves as well, no point in having a face mask and your hands are bare, also goggles of some kind.i bought them a long time ago "just in case", if it gets in best thing to do is still reckoned to be total isolation. if you don't go near people then you cant catch it.

Border up or bug out? Border up all the way, nobody is gonna loot the house if everyone has ebola!

Yes gazrok that would help, but the authorities ALWAYS overestimate the power of technology and with a new mutating strand of ebola that could become airborne at any time would ruin everything and we can't stop it as the WHO and authorities are underestimating it and they think that technology can stop it.

The idea of it mutating to airborne would be pretty unprecedented, at least naturally (A week or so ago, there were some pretty irresponsible articles making it seem this was plausible, but they've since been shot down by experts).

About the only way it would happen, is if it were purposefully weaponized (which isn't a very cuddly prospect, though likely given the state of the world these days).

That aside though, with an incubation period of 21 days, its ability to live outside the body for days, and the initial symptoms resembling the flu, if it went big, it would be some time before most victims really were sure what they had, and in that time, they could have infected hundreds.

Doesn't need to be airborne to be deadly.

All I will say is that we were told that the US had a very low risk of Ebola ever arriving here. . . and now we have had 2 confirmed cases of getting it while in the US. . . one actually getting in Africa getting sick after arrival and then one getting it while treating the patient. With no travel restrictions happening and the testing at airports is just a joke really, it can and will spread further. Just be prepared as much as possible.

No doubt. The "stepped up" tests would have STILL failed to prevent what happened in Dallas.
I still say that unless you do a blood test at the airport when LEAVING these nations, you're just peeing in the wind, really.... Because that is the only thing that will stop it.

Out of curiosity, let's say someone gets tested in a U.S. airport and does have a fever, and did have one of those nations in his travel ticket. What then? Do they isolate him and do a full blood test? Do they quarantine the entire plane? Everyone he passed in the airport? What? Seriously, I'm curious. But I think the question really illustrates the flaws in this idea. It's retarded, pure and simple.

Unfortunately both the US and Europeans are putting commerce / profits etc ahead public safety, they can replace people but they won't lose money from the bottom line, and that attitude is what is likely to see ebola get into the mainstream community. They are sending Fire Fighters to put out a spreading wildfire but not letting them put any water in the fire engines tanks.

Yeah, nothing is really happening to stop it, and with the who predicting 10k a month by december; it looks like it is going to hell.

How many of those 10,000 will hop on a plane to Europe, the US, etc. before realizing they have it, I wonder....

Latest posts

Back