Is anti-bacterial soap safe? new FDA review coming

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never have used that stuff. Your body has to develop it's own immunity to things or you're left defenseless. Look at how sickly kids are nowadays and then think back to when we were kids. We were grungy kids and we were just fine and dandy, nobody cleaned us to the point that our own bodies were out to get us.

Never have used that stuff. Your body has to develop it's own immunity to things or you're left defenseless. Look at how sickly kids are nowadays and then think back to when we were kids. We were grungy kids and we were just fine and dandy, nobody cleaned us to the point that our own bodies were out to get us.

Exactly, people today are so damn germ paranoid no wonder a lot of sick people walk the streets, glad I was raised back in the day compared to today's kids, people today have no clue. I hang my game till I start seeing bacteria growth on the meet, shave it off and process it, people today may hang the meet no more then 3 days fearing bacteria and germs, what a waste and so much ignorance. Sad!

Guys, I get it!! That said, if you/we were in a grid down ... these soaps would be invaluable as antibiotics and antibiotic ointment's will not be available. Just saying!

I'm in the "I ate worms and made mud pies" group and believe in the "you have to work your immune system to keep it strong" motto.I've eaten my lunch at work with grimey hands and even been guilty of taking a leak without washing my hands.I have been through a life threatening disabling illness (not germ related) and still believe in keeping the immune system strong by working it and not being a germ-a-phobe.

But I see everyones side here as there are times you do need to kill germs and use antibacterial's,like when the flu is going around the house,so keeping some antibacterial items on hand isn't a bad idea.It's also easy to stock actual antibiotics from the internet,pet stores and farm supply/feed stores.

But one thing to consider is that there are both beneficial bacterias as well as bad bacterias (Kinda think of how some other medical cultures use maggots to clean and eat infections in open wounds,one nasty thing that eats another nasty thing,gross,but it works),Antibacterial products does not discriminate in which bacterias and germs they kill.And when all is killed off,there isn't any beneficial bacteria left to help eat up the bad.

I understand the idea of having a strong immune system. I am not a germafobe, have worked with hogs(wild), cattel, dogs, diesel engine and just whipped off my hands or rinsed them in creek, ditch or pond. I am just saying, there is a time and a place for everything. I am not of the opinion that if you, we, or a child has a low grade fever that it is time for antipyredics or antibiotics. We need to build our immune systems.

This said, I have seen people in third world countries start using Dial soap (antibacterial soap) the infections of simple wounds not get infected. On most burn units they antibacteral soaps. Now if the proverbial SHTF, we will or could be in that third or fourth world country.
OK, snuff said.

I understand the idea of having a strong immune system. I am not a germafobe, have worked with hogs(wild), cattel, dogs, diesel engine and just whipped off my hands or rinsed them in creek, ditch or pond. I am just saying, there is a time and a place for everything. I am not of the opinion that if you, we, or a child has a low grade fever that it is time for antipyredics or antibiotics. We need to build our immune systems.

This said, I have seen people in third world countries start using Dial soap (antibacterial soap) the infections of simple wounds not get infected. On most burn units they antibacteral soaps. Now if the proverbial SHTF, we will or could be in that third or fourth world country.
OK, snuff said.

I'm sorry if you took it this way,none of that was pointed towards you and I wasn't calling you a germ-a-phobe.In fact,I agreed with you,that it would be a good idea to stock antibacterial products,they have their places.I was more refering those types you see like the lady at the bank that has a half gallon size jug of hand sanitizer on her desk and pumps about 4 times while you talk for 5 minutes with her or the one you see at stores that disinfect the shopping cart handles before they'll touch the thing.Some just get carried away with it which inadvertantly defeats the purpose.

LOL, was not taken that way. Just have a wealth of info in this area. I so want to see all of the like minded people of this forum to be informed. Be educated and to be able to make an informed decisions on medical preps and procedures. No voodoo medicine or guessing. Home, natural, and scientific medicine I am good with. If I don't know I will find out and let the readers know, or keep my mouth shut. I know that when there is no doc you may be the doc. So now is the time to train an educate our selves.

I have a bit of a background myself,but i'm always up for learning more.That's one of the things that makes this a great forum.Collective thoughts with like minded people tend to get results.

Latest posts

Back