Is A Liquor Shortage Looming?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess its because some of us like a shot now and then BP. I enjoy a shot of quality scotch and a good cigar occasionally.
I used to but other things took priority, better things to do with my money than see it go up in smoke or piss it up against a wall-as we say here.

I used to but other things took priority, better things to do with my money than see it go up in smoke or piss it up against a wall-as we say here.
I can certainly understand that. If I didn't have the money I'd cut out a lot if things, booze and cigars would be at the top of the list. Fortunately I can still afford the things that I enjoy.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/liquor-shortage-looming
Ahem, in a word . . . Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
(that was a joke)
The liquor and smoke very much expensive in Australia. Not so much the danger of ever being a shortage. Just being able to afford. I do have to buy sometimes for my boss . Last buy was $56:50 for a pack of Benson & Hedges classic 30’s. Boss always hits the roof when they tax more. Boss says that will be a little extra added to the clients bill. Dammed if he going to be being robbed a dollar more by criminal governments that play the health issue card to tax or rather rob drinkers and smokers blind he thinks .

The liquor and smoke very much expensive in Australia. Not so much the danger of ever being a shortage. Just being able to afford. I do have to buy sometimes for my boss . Last buy was $56:50 for a pack of Benson & Hedges classic 30’s. Boss always hits the roof when they tax more. Boss says that will be a little extra added to the clients bill. Dammed if he going to be being robbed a dollar more by criminal governments that play the health issue card to tax or rather rob drinkers and smokers blind he thinks .
I don't care for cigarettes. To me they stink and are way over priced. I dont get to smoke a quality cigar much anymore either, just can't afford $100 per cigar very often. Instead I buy a box of 10 cognac dipped cigars for about $10 at the Indian reservation.

I used to roll my own, and smoke a pipe in the evenings but it got too expensive, and that was pre 1995, must need a mortgage to smoke these days.
UK govt is trying to make the country smokeless.
My dad smoked a pipe when I was a kid. I like the smell of pipe tobacco and kind of miss it. My grandfather smoked cigars his entire life, never saw him without a cigar in his mouth. He got cancer and quit smoking and started chewing the cigar. He died with a cigar in his mouth. My mother smoked for over 75 years, she's 92 now. The government keeps raising taxes here, but not enough to get people to quit smoking, just more revenue. Tobacco products are much cheaper on the Indian reservations.

On the way up to my kids place I pass through 3 indian reservations. They each have 3 or 4 smoke shops. I think the Indians don't pay taxes, they can pass the savings on.
Federal taxes and Master Settlement Agreement are an excise tax placed on the manufacturer. Government gets more than double the manufacturer.

The reservations don’t pay state taxes.

. The government keeps raising taxes here, but not enough to get people to quit smoking, just more revenue.

At $10.00 per pack, it was enough to get me to quit. I did the math. Five cigs per day, equal $2.50 x 365 / 12 = $76.04 per month. That amount will buy a lot of needed / wanted prepper or shooting items. Now how many smokers will only smoke five cigs per day? Most smokers are looking at over $100 per month. How much ammo could you buy with $1200? How many new weapons with $1200. How much stored food, water? I have no moral or personal issues with smokers but I just can't justify complaining about high ammo costs while I burned (smoked) $100 each month.

Latest posts

Back