Is A Liquor Shortage Looming?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At $10.00 per pack, it was enough to get me to quit. I did the math. Five cigs per day, equal $2.50 x 365 / 12 = $76.04 per month. That amount will buy a lot of needed / wanted prepper or shooting items. Now how many smokers will only smoke five cigs per day? Most smokers are looking at over $100 per month. How much ammo could you buy with $1200? How many new weapons with $1200. How much stored food, water? I have no moral or personal issues with smokers but I just can't justify complaining about high ammo costs while I burned (smoked) $100 each month.
When I was working and had the income, I was importing Cuban cigars at over $100 each. Now that we're both retired I dont get to enjoy a good Cuban very often. My humidor is looking pretty empty now days.
Good thing I still have a good stock of quality Scotch in my bar.

When I was working and had the income, I was importing Cuban cigars at over $100 each. Now that we're both retired I dont get to enjoy a good Cuban very often. My humidor is looking pretty empty now days.
Good thing I still have a good stock of quality Scotch in my bar.
I do think with alcohol, cigars or the smoke. All are legal. So whether you enjoy a nip a puff or the suck Do very much enjoy to your heart’s content

I used to work in the Tobacco business. This will be a simplistic example of why it hasn’t been outlawed. I took this example from a slide shown at a sales meeting. I was shocked at the bottom line.
$25.00 a CARTON retail
$ 2.50 retailer profit
$ 7.50 state tax
$ 2.50 distributor profit
$ 4.00 Master Settlement Agreement (goes to local governments
$ 6.00 Federal Excise tax
$ 3.54 Sales, Marketing, distribution, and profit
$ 1.46 manufacturing cost a CARTON.
Who is the bad guy? I don’t think it’s Big Tobacco. They paid me well, allowed me to retire early thanks to working for an ESOP company.
Who are the real profiteers and criminals?????????

Lots of tobacco farmers in the area I live in (well, used to be, A lot fewer now.) I know several who used to grow lots of it. The farmers claim that the real issue with cancer and smoking is NOT the tobacco but the chemicals that are used to treat the tobacco when making the cigarettes, I think there is a lot of truth in that claim but either way, they are really bad, (But so is everything else you put into your lungs).

I am interested in the process of growing your own tea. There used to be a tea farm in SC but I haven't seen their product on the shelves in a while.

From what I've read, it's polonium 210 in the calcium phosphate fertilizers that cause tobacco, especially cigarettes, to be carcinogenic. It only takes a tiny tiny amount to kill someone. Polonium 210 is 250,000 times more toxic than hydrogen cyanide, due to it's radioactivity. One gram is enough to kill 50 million people.
It has a half life of 4 1/2 months, which could explain why pipe smokers live much longer than cigarette smokers. Pipe tobacco is often aged much longer than cigarette tobacco, sometimes for years.

Latest posts

Back