Is A Liquor Shortage Looming?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Distillation is covered in Chemistry 101. It is a simple straightforward procedure. Idiots will always find ways to kill themselves. Just keep in mind that methanol and ethanol boil at different temperatures. If you can make wine you can make brandy. If you can make brandy you can make everclear. There will always be a market for alcohol.

Most people want to get rid of loose pounds, not loosen up more pounds. They have a surgical procedure for that...it's called a "tummy tuck." LOL
As for me I need to lose a few pounds. ;)
Yeah, I was warned….. lol

Scrupulous moonshiners always discarded the "heads" or the first stuff to come out in each batch, which had a lot of methanol in it. But the unscrupulous moonshiners did not. But that does not get rid of all the methanol.
To really get rid of all the methanol, you need to age the moonshine in white oak barrels. Methanol will diffuse through the wood faster than ethanol.
Applejack, a hard cider that is distilled by freeze distillation, has a high methanol content because freeze distillation cannot remove any methanol. It has to undergo either aging or some sort of process like absorption through a molecular sieve to remove the methanol.

Just remember that making alcohol is pretty easy. Beer and wine here in the states is perfectly legal for personal use as long as you don’t try selling it. (They always want their taxes). I can’t say for other countries but in the US and most of the world making any form of liquor is majorly illegal, even a thimbleful. It is a crime that can be more punishable than rape or murder in many cases.

Well,prostitution is the oldest profession.
Years ago I worked in a former Soviet country where most people were very poor. There was a school for blind children in one city there that pimped out the girls out to help pay the bills. Prostitution is very common throughout the world and its not likely to go away after SHTF.

Latest posts

Back