Irish Spring update

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trapper

Reaction score
It was recommended by Wildman or Chicknladee to use Irish Spring bar soap around the garden to keep the deer out. It was also said to put it by the apple trees to stop them from eating off the leaves. Well, I am happy to report after putting in 24 new pepper plants the deer have left the alone. Peppers are starting to form.

I also put half of bars of soap tied about nose level to the deer in the apple trees. The leaves are growing back nicely. The deer have left the trees alone too! I have been watering the new trees every 2-3 days and they are coming along great. Thanks for the tips, it is greatly appreciated!

I will have to remember that when I get my peach trees planted, for right now though, I'll pass the information along to some friends of ours who have fruit trees.

I tried that once and I must have either stupid deer around here or they don't give a shit, I hung several bars about nose level on a couple branchs to keep them from my one surviving apple tree and the stupid thing bit one in half, never found the other half and assume Bambi ate it. So if you're ever hunting up this way and the deer's breath smells of Irish Spring let me know.

Latest posts

Back