Introduction

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a great idea. Only watch who you tell you are prepping. It would so much easier if you could find others to prep with you. I worry about people that tell everyone they meet that they are prepping. If you have a sporting goods store like Academy near you, just go and walk around the ammo section and listen to the others talk. You will hear someone say The government will take all our guns or I can't find any ammo anywhere or something to that effect. Then you can bet they are prepping. That's the ones you want to talk to. I have met 6 other preppers around my area at Academy. All you have to say is "looks like you are getting ready for when TSHTF. You will find out right quick if they are preppers. It is also good to have someone else to help you prep because you can exchange ideas. Just be careful.
Thank you my friend. I'll take your advise and do just that. I'll be careful. I'll let you know if I have any luck.

Steri strips to hold cuts together without suturing. Suture kits if you can get them and know how to suture. Peroxide,rubbing alcohol, ointment that is not petroleum based for burns, I've even bought Lani cane ointment because it help numb the area. Sterile 4x4's , waterproof bandage tape, bandaides, sterile kling, ace wraps different sizes. Sterile saline bottles. Gosh there is so much more. I highly recommend getting a First Aide Treatment Book. They actually have burn ointments so yes pick some up. The most important thing with a burn is to keep it clean and dry and covered.
Thanks, I have most of the stuff you said. I just didn't know much on the burn thing. At least Im on the right track. Also didn't think of the sterile saline bottles. I also hear that peroxide can be used for a number of things besides cleaning wounds. I use it for ear aches(learned that from my grandmother). I put some in my ear and let it set for a while, then I remove it and put some warm olive oil in the ear and put cotten in and Im done. I have used it on 3 kids and 12 grandkids. It works everytime. If you have any other hints, please let me know.

Thanks, I have most of the stuff you said. I just didn't know much on the burn thing. At least Im on the right track. Also didn't think of the sterile saline bottles. I also hear that peroxide can be used for a number of things besides cleaning wounds. I use it for ear aches(learned that from my grandmother). I put some in my ear and let it set for a while, then I remove it and put some warm olive oil in the ear and put cotten in and Im done. I have used it on 3 kids and 12 grandkids. It works everytime. If you have any other hints, please let me know.
I sure will Mastercajun. Once I go through my bag I'll let you know of things I think are very important to have. What I listed was just a drop in the bucket.

I agree with above, you have to be careful. It's like telling people you just bought a bunch of diamonds and they are just sitting in your house. Eventually, someone is going to want them. Has anyone found a relatively cheaper medical supplier? I have a master kit I'm trying to finish but jeeze some of these packs online are outrageous.

junebug- my parents were together for 39 years and my Mom is in your situation. I know it's tough, I can't imagine. I'm a single Mom (well, not so single now) but being by yourself and as old school as it may seem, it's nice having a man around. It gives you a little more confidence about this kind of stuff. it's hard when you have to make the hard decisions alone but eventually, it gets easier.

To jeepgirl and junebug818. I for one don't think you'll are stupid. I think it takes a smart woman to start prepping like you'll are. The mylar bags are the best thing for storing just about any dry food there is. I have rice, beans, cereal, pasta, flour, seasonings, pancake mix, candy,. cookies, ritz crackers, and a whole lot of other stuff in mylar bags. Junebug, to learn about hot to use mylar bags go to youtube and type in storage in mylar bags. There many on there thay will show you just how to use them. Jeepgirl, I use hand warmers as oxygen absorbers. I find they work better and are cheaper. Use them just like the reg. oxygen absorbers. I found a shit load at Wal Mart after the winter for hardly nothing on clearence. And to seal the bags I use a womens hair straightener I got for a garage sale for $2.00. I bought 3. Just in case one went out. I use a vaccum cleaner to get the air out of the big bags and a straw to suck out the air from small bags. You can find alot of info on youtube. The videos shows you step by step how to do anything. Just go to youtube abd type in what you are looikng for and there will be tons of videos. The only thing I haven't tried is butter and shrimp. We have about 250lbs. of shrimp in the freezer(beings we live close to the gulf). Im just affraid to mess up my good shrimp. Anyway I will try. Let you know how it works. Also if you store water for a long period, I would use Pool Shock instead of bleach. It doesn't have all the harmful chemicals that bleach has. I tried water I stored 1 1/2 yrs ago and it was still good(didn't get sick). I will be changing my supply every 2yrs. just to be safe. The whole under of my house is full of 5gal. containers. I keep them there so the sunlight doesn't get to them and they stay cool.

I just thought of a good idea. Dollar General carries space saver bags for clothes. You can fit like 5-6 quilts in one of those bags. I think you could put your mylar pouches in there, vacuum out even more air and then they are easier to store.

I just thought of a good idea. Dollar General carries space saver bags for clothes. You can fit like 5-6 quilts in one of those bags. I think you could put your mylar pouches in there, vacuum out even more air and then they are easier to store.
Thats an idea worth thinking about. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back