Interesting new medical development.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin L

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
In California--according to associated press--anti HIV meds are now available over-the-counter for post-exposure prophylaxis.

I believe that it's important to stockpile these meds (as well as the "morning-after" pill, which is also over-the-counter in California), as rape will be a big problem post SHTF (as will child molestation), so I believe it's important to over these survivors hope.

If you can get past the moral judgements implied by using these meds, then what are your thoughts?

I have relatives in California who may be willing to secure a supply of these meds and get them to me.

In California--according to associated press--anti HIV meds are now available over-the-counter for post-exposure prophylaxis.

I believe that it's important to stockpile these meds (as well as the "morning-after" pill, which is also over-the-counter in California), as rape will be a big problem post SHTF (as will child molestation), so I believe it's important to over these survivors hope.

If you can get past the moral judgements implied by using these meds, then what are your thoughts?

I have relatives in California who may be willing to secure a supply of these meds and get them to me.

CA just encouraging unsafe sex and promiscuity.

I understand, but just because I have a finite supply of ammunition (for example) doesn't mean that I should save guns at all?
no, but i'm assuming that someone who actually needs a stockpile of medicines might actually have a problem once they all run out? or do you have an alternative?

how much of an emergency?
As I said, I suspect that rapists and child molestors will crawl out from under their rocks after SHTF, and if (may G-d forbid, and I'm not wishing anything bad on anyone) a relative, spouse, or child is sexually assaulted, then there are treatments that can be used to prevent AIDS and pregnancy.

We stockpile food, guns, and other medical supplies for a crisis......so why not these supplies for the reasons that I listed?

When I was a relief worker with the Red Cross after Hurricane Andrew, there were a lot of kids (and adults for that matter) who were sexual assaulted. Both genders were victimized, and doing rape kits and following through on these crimes were a low priority at that moment.

That's my only point.

I prep for me,my family and those included in that category ;) ,but so hard to get them on the same page without texting on my fore head " prepper", trying that gentle persuasion ; start with having 72 hrs worth of stuff at home,just in case...it takes time..just hope we have that.

I think this is a good idea Kevin. Do you know what the effective shelf life is?
About two to three years, but probably longer if they were stored in a cool, dry environment.

I plan on getting a wine storage cooler (keeps contents at constant 55°F) and hooking up to an inverter, battery pack, and solar panels. I'll use bolt cutters to remove the shelving.
download.jpeg

63585_zzz_500.jpg

The cooler is $119.00, and the panels are around $100.00. It seems doable and practical......I just need to learn more about electrical work.

About two to three years, but probably longer if they were stored in a cool, dry environment.

I plan on getting a wine storage cooler (keeps contents at constant 55°F) and hooking up to an inverter, battery pack, and solar panels. I'll use bolt cutters to remove the shelving.
View attachment 9565

View attachment 9566
The cooler is $119.00, and the panels are around $100.00. It seems doable and practical......I just need to learn more about electrical work.
Can anyone steer me toward a book on basic electrical stuff that will let me use off-the-shelf components to create the climate-controled medicine vault that I envision above?

I live in Florida, and it gets very hot down here. I don't envision a lot of air conditioning post SHTF, so I want to keep my medical supplies from deteriorating.

I will put Damp Rid in this cooler to remove humidity, and the constant 55° should preserve meds nicely. I'll also keep antibiotics, antiseptics, and--perhaps--certian vaccines, and rabies boosters for dogs and cats.

I would love some ideas.

Can anyone steer me toward a book on basic electrical stuff that will let me use off-the-shelf components to create the climate-controled medicine vault that I envision above?

I live in Florida, and it gets very hot down here. I don't envision a lot of air conditioning post SHTF, so I want to keep my medical supplies from deteriorating.

I will put Damp Rid in this cooler to remove humidity, and the constant 55° should preserve meds nicely. I'll also keep antibiotics, antiseptics, and--perhaps--certian vaccines, and rabies boosters for dogs and cats.

I would love some ideas.

Thats is EASY and CHEAP, However one esential point first, If you are RELIANT on meds like Insulin your cooler system and power supply MUST be portable. Especially in places were Evacs can be compulsory.

Cheap as in what price do you put on staying alive after TSHTF. Go to an RV breakers and get a 3 way fridge freezer 12VDC, 120VAC, Gas powered, then a couple of liesure batteries and a 100 watt PLUS (200 better) PV panel. You could add a micro turbine off a small boat. That way you can keep stuff as delicate as Insulin and other perishable meds running of the Mains normally then 12vdc doing blackouts with the gas power as an emergency back up. When I was still helping new preppersvout in the UK I had two families with kids with type one diabetes and they adopted a similar system to what I describe below to keep Insulin cool.

More info go visit your local Snowbirders camp site
Books start with
Do It Yourself 12 volt Solar Power by Michel Daniek
OFF the grid by DUNCAN keridge

There are now many VERY high quality white goods available for RVers, off griders and preppers based around 12VDC systems. Normally powered by combined micro wind turbines (often VAWTs) and a couple of good monocrystaline PV panels. The beauty of some makes of fridge freezer is they use THREE types of energy, 12v 120v and propane/ butane which makes em great for our community.

This is a British version
https://www.worldofcamping.co.uk/do...7?nosto=nosto-page-category1-fallback-nosto-1

The NEW Dometic CombiCool ACX 40 3 Way Absorption Coolbox is a great quality camping coolbox.

It runs on 12-volt supply in your vehicle, 230-volt mains at home or at the campsite and can easily be switched to gas operation for enjoying the great outdoors.

This new super absorption portable cooler comes in a premium retro aluminium style, with even higher ambient cooling performance, ideal for UK & Southern Europe destinations up to 30°C below ambient temperature.

With a capacity of 40 litres and room to store 1.5 and 2.0 litre bottles standing up, the COMBICOOL ACX 40 is the perfect camping cooler to keep food and drinks cool.

The cooler is encased in a hard wearing Aluminium Skin

61POmEb102L._SY355_.jpg

Micro VAWT Turbine

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/3923282413...MIpa2X1vqO5QIVh7PtCh371AQBEAQYBCABEgKvy_D_BwE

s-l640.jpg

Free standing PV system for RVs

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/1230331162...MIuYXwk_uO5QIVhbHtCh3gVwEBEAQYASABEgK9tfD_BwE
s-l640.jpg

Deep cycle liesure batteries

tpower-exv110-pair.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back