In the name of "Green Energy"...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG!!! AMAZING!

Pardon me if I and deeply skeptical. Yes you could get some energy from radio waves, and maybe power a flat screen TV (maybe)...but power a welding machine? Not without a humongous antenna.
Unless he lives next door to a huge radio transmitter (which would be hazardous to your health)

Power falls off log10 by the meter.

Unless that guy lives next door to a radio station and has some sort of "net" to extract the energy, he is a liar.

You can't have something for nothing. Also, if he's extracting power from broadcasts, then the broadcast station is paying for his electricity.

But I wonder, why did he include batteries? If he's pulling all the power he needs "from the air" what are the batteries for? Added comedy, I guess.

Pardon me if I and deeply skeptical. Yes you could get some energy from radio waves, and maybe power a flat screen TV (maybe)...but power a welding machine? Not without a humongous antenna.
Unless he lives next door to a huge radio transmitter (which would be hazardous to your health)

My hubby said the same. It would be nice if true though.

Things are looking clearer everyday. Green energy is simply another way to harm the citizenry.
Anything green costs much more to originally buy than old technology , I have Solar( 20 Kw lithium batteries ( really need 40 / 50 kw to cover for overcast days but not worth the cost ) , my reason is due to the loadshedding in SA , at least I keep every thing running , it cost me the equivalent of at least another 15 / 18 years of buying electric when available from the grid , they are talking 16 hours off in the bad times in winter , also put in 9 tanks to hold 40.000 lt of rain water , went off local water back in 2008 , we can go 30 / 60 days at time with no water in our village ,this will take another 11 / 15 years to pay for it self , I will be lucky to last another 10 years makes me 86 , but at least we are self contained / comfortable in our village , the state of infrastructure in the country is collapsing faster each year , less than 50% is all that can be produced from our power stations , as said before to move out of the country, exchange rate , would never be able to buy a quarter of what we have now ,cheers all

Why oh why do so many swear by solar for "every need" to be fulfilled...if it does not work for at least longer than it takes to PAY FOR IT, insure it, maintain it, repair it and/or the guarantee runs out before it is paid for???????????
You can use solar for running some lights and maybe small machines like rechargeable drills, circular saws or electric chainsaws, OK. But to run a complete house, barn, stable, cellar and the 6 foot wide TV screen??
You gotta screw your wishes down one way or the other...either live on a high horse and PAY PAY PAY...
Or, go for a smaller house, lesser wishes and save your money for more important things like food, water well, weapons, ammo, winter clothes and gold/silver....
Realistically speaking- prepping is getting ready to live alone, off-grid, without outside help, spare parts from China, needed seeds, fertiliser, animals and materials to simply SURVIVE and LIVE in the near SHTF/TEOTWAWKI....
Without Rule Of Law: without rule of the gov't telling you what, how, where, why and when to do something you do not want to do/pay for.....FREEDOM is being free from NEEDING something you cannot get or afford and the idea that if you do not get it but someone else does--
you are a slave to your overstaked desires and not free to get what you NEED and not what you WANT...
Spend more time being THANKFULL for what you have and less worrying/thinking about what you don't have. Gary

Why oh why do so many swear by solar for "every need" to be fulfilled...if it does not work for at least longer than it takes to PAY FOR IT, insure it, maintain it, repair it and/or the guarantee runs out before it is paid for???????????
You can use solar for running some lights and maybe small machines like rechargeable drills, circular saws or electric chainsaws, OK. But to run a complete house, barn, stable, cellar and the 6 foot wide TV screen??
You gotta screw your wishes down one way or the other...either live on a high horse and PAY PAY PAY...
Or, go for a smaller house, lesser wishes and save your money for more important things like food, water well, weapons, ammo, winter clothes and gold/silver....
Realistically speaking- prepping is getting ready to live alone, off-grid, without outside help, spare parts from China, needed seeds, fertiliser, animals and materials to simply SURVIVE and LIVE in the near SHTF/TEOTWAWKI....
Without Rule Of Law: without rule of the gov't telling you what, how, where, why and when to do something you do not want to do/pay for.....FREEDOM is being free from NEEDING something you cannot get or afford and the idea that if you do not get it but someone else does--
you are a slave to your overstaked desires and not free to get what you NEED and not what you WANT...
Spend more time being THANKFULL for what you have and less worrying/thinking about what you don't have. Gary
We power our whole house, shop and fur shed completely on solar. We have all modern appliances, 2 chest freezers, 5 TVs, satellite TV etc. I have a backup generator to make up for cloudy days. Currently it runs an average of 2.1 hours per day. I recently bought 4 - 410 watt solar panels to supplement our current panels. That should reduce the generator run time to less than an hour per day over a year average.
Our well pump is on a separate generator because of the depth of the well, hp of the pump and distance to the house.
Our decision to go solar was a simple one, it was far cheaper than running power lines from 5 miles away.

Our decision to go solar was a simple one, it was far cheaper than running power lines from 5 miles away.
Same here. For the cost of running power lines we can get a very good solar setup. Yes I do want to learn how to do as much as possible without electricity or fuel, and I will be talking to a nearby Amish community to learn how they do it. But in the meantime solar is cheaper up front than grid power, and there is no power bill, and if the grid goes down, we don't go down. I also want a separate power source for the well due to the distance, and will be looking at windmills, which have been used for pumping water for centuries.

My place was originally off grid. Built in the 70’s, got power in the 90’s. Power in underground from 8 miles away. Biggest issue is 10 miles away, its on a pole.
Not a fan of grid tied solar systems. They pay you pennies and charge you dollars. I have had solar in 2 places. Current place with 2x the system costs me 5 times more after a year for buy back power. I even have some sort of rule, I can’t add batteries back Into my system Even though i have the old generator shed.
My next stage property is not going to have grid tied solar. Too cloudy To be effective.
I will put systems in for shed and outbuilding lighting.

Same here. For the cost of running power lines we can get a very good solar setup. Yes I do want to learn how to do as much as possible without electricity or fuel, and I will be talking to a nearby Amish community to learn how they do it. But in the meantime solar is cheaper up front than grid power, and there is no power bill, and if the grid goes down, we don't go down. I also want a separate power source for the well due to the distance, and will be looking at windmills, which have been used for pumping water for centuries.
I'd like to put up a wind generator too. Over a year period we don't get enough wind to make it worth while, but during winter storms we get a lot of wind. And usually at night. Between November and April we get very little sun. Our solar panels will generally make as much electric as we're using. With the short days though the generator makes up any shortages of power.
Our off grid electric system is 100% automatic. The generator needs periodic maintenance, oil change every 500 hours, and the fuel tank kept full (55 gallon). With my new battery bank, I've added water one time since August. To me, the high priced new age batteries arent worth the hype or the cost.
I'm very happy with our system. It's just like living in town, the wife doesn't have to sacrifice any conveniences to live out here.

I'd like to put up a wind generator too. Over a year period we don't get enough wind to make it worth while, but during winter storms we get a lot of wind. And usually at night. Between November and April we get very little sun. Our solar panels will generally make as much electric as we're using. With the short days though the generator makes up any shortages of power.
Our off grid electric system is 100% automatic. The generator needs periodic maintenance, oil change every 500 hours, and the fuel tank kept full (55 gallon). With my new battery bank, I've added water one time since August. To me, the high priced new age batteries arent worth the hype or the cost.
I'm very happy with our system. It's just like living in town, the wife doesn't have to sacrifice any conveniences to live out here.
" the wife doesn't have to sacrifice any conveniences to live out here." is the reason I 😍

Latest posts

Back