I'm new to this discussion board . I sure hope this is a civil place as that is only way I can abide

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metal-Tiger

Reaction score
Hello everyone ! ! Hope all is great for you . I'm a fairly comfortable suburban inhabitant , but I deeply fear the the U.S. fed. gov. cannot keep their Ponzi schemes going for too much longer and they will all the nation to fall into social chaos . My goals are to ride it out in as great amount of comfort as possible . The things that scare me the most is that most people are ill prepared to function without all the infrastructure , commerce , communications etc . Hopefully many of you have solid plans that I may learn from and adopt for my family .

howdy from a texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

I think you'll find like-minded folks here.

Myself, I'm in my 40's, and the wife and I have a small ranch just outside the closest town. We commute about an hour to the big city for our jobs, so get home each night, make dinner, watch some TV, and go to bed. We live mostly for the weekends when we work around the ranch, and try to have some fun days each month.

Our main goal is to be fairly self-sufficient. We have a well for water, and septic for waste disposal. For power, the goal is eventually to have some solar options (for well pump, etc.) and a propane generator. We're starting a veggie garden and an herb garden within the next two months. We also keep rabbits and chickens. We have horses, so come SHTF, they could be handy transport.

We do stockpile a little (arms, ammo, canned food, dry goods, medical, cleaning supplies, etc.), but the real goal is to be able to survive in a post SHTF situation where we can't just go to the store or the doctor's office, etc.

Good luck, and welcome!

Last edited:
Hello everyone ! ! Hope all is great for you . I'm a fairly comfortable suburban inhabitant , but I deeply fear the the U.S. fed. gov. cannot keep their Ponzi schemes going for too much longer and they will all the nation to fall into social chaos . My goals are to ride it out in as great amount of comfort as possible . The things that scare me the most is that most people are ill prepared to function without all the infrastructure , commerce , communications etc . Hopefully many of you have solid plans that I may learn from and adopt for my family .
I've seen a couple wackos on the site here, but they never last long and the vast majority are really good people. There is a ton of good info worth learning if you go thru the old threads. You can also just ask a question on a topic and you'll get responses. I haven't seen other forums, but have really enjoyed this. Welcome.

Welcome from Finland and enjoy it here,ask;there are no stupid questions,comment;even the "oldtimer" can learn new things...things really look bad,but that's why we prep :)

Hello everyone ! ! Hope all is great for you. I'm a fairly comfortable suburban inhabitant, but I deeply fear the U.S. fed. gov. cannot keep their Ponzi schemes going for too much longer and they will all the nation to fall into social chaos. My goals are to ride it out in as great amount of comfort as possible. The things that scare me the most is that most people are ill prepared to function without all the infrastructure, commerce, communications etc. Hopefully, many of you have solid plans that I may learn from and adopt for my family.
Welcome, and thank you for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back