I'm Homeless and New Here

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know but right now they are living like kings on our dime, plus the left only wants to invite more to the freebie party, living like you don’t have a care in the world at the cost of the working class just gets under my skin. I could never feel sorry for them, most are just abusing the system.

If it does no good to be mad at people like that, we might as well feel sorry for them. They are precisely the people that will fall apart when SHTF
not only will they fall apart WTSHTF they will not survive, they will be incapable of thinking for themselves without the welfare check.

There is a reason why the new guy only posted twice. Most of your comments are rude, mean and stupid. Some of you people are real assholes. Unemployment is not a welfare check.

I'll tell you what, I served 16 years in the military. I am rated 100% permanent disabled by VA and I get Social Security disability. Combined, I get around $65,000.00 a year. Am I sucking the tit of the welfare check? I probably make 54X more than the kid. Go ahead and talk shit to me. I wont go away. Matter of fact I am a first rate asshole when I want to be.

in the OP he said he was young and strong, seems to be the sort of person that could get a job quite easily, when I was unemployed I was the wrong side of 50 , no employer over here wants anyone over 50 which is why I went self employed.

Doesn't matter, we don't know the kids circumstances. A lot of the asshole comments were the way it was said. People are to judgmental.

If it does no good to be mad at people like that, we might as well feel sorry for them. They are precisely the people that will fall apart when SHTF
How can you not when you are pinching pennies to live within your means and they are living high off the hog on YOUR MONEY!
Just to be clear we're not talking about the OP, we're talking about people with new expensive cars buying groceries with EBT cards.

There is a reason why the new guy only posted twice. Most of your comments are rude, mean and stupid. Some of you people are real assholes. Unemployment is not a welfare check.

I'll tell you what, I served 16 years in the military. I am rated 100% permanent disabled by VA and I get Social Security disability. Combined, I get around $65,000.00 a year. Am I sucking the tit of the welfare check? I probably make 54X more than the kid. Go ahead and talk shit to me. I wont go away. Matter of fact I am a first rate asshole when I want to be.
Not sure what your reading here but I never saw and rude comments, unless you think we're "assholes" for suggesting to this kid to clean up and get a job. Sounds to me like you have a chip on your shoulder for some reason.

Not sure what your reading here but I never saw and rude comments, unless you think we're "assholes" for suggesting to this kid to clean up and get a job. Sounds to me like you have a chip on your shoulder for some reason.

I'm suggesting that you don't know the kids circumstances and a bunch of you were judgemental.

I give a rats ### if you think I have a chip on my shoulder. Sounds to me like you have a chip.

I'm suggesting that you don't know the kids circumstances and a bunch of you were judgemental.

I give a rats ### if you think I have a chip on my shoulder. Sounds to me like you have a chip.
We only know what the kid told us, and we responded accordingly. Most likely this kid will end up being just being another slacker sucking off the government tit.
No, I have no chip. No reason to. Life is what we make out of it.

We only know what the kid told us, and we responded accordingly. Most likely this kid will end up being just being another slacker sucking off the government tit.
No, I have no chip. No reason to. Life is what we make out of it.

That's what I am saying, the kid didn't say much and people jumped to conclusions.

If you didn't learn anything in school, and had sex with as many boys as possible. And did not find one that will marry you. Your first step is dancing naked at a truckers bars. Next is being a whore. A lot of women go that way. Do you want to? Get an education. What will you do after your beauty fades? Don't be stupid! What do you think you will be worth after a SHTF situation?

I have little doubt the OP was a troll. Normally I don’t believe in bashing or being harsh to new posters but this guy got what he deserves…. Any able bodied young man without a job or place to call home doesn't deserve much respect

I have little doubt the OP was a troll. Normally I don’t believe in bashing or being harsh to new posters but this guy got what he deserves…. Any able bodied young man without a job or place to call home doesn't deserve much respect

This was a really stupid statement. There are many reasons that can cause someone to become homeless. This goes back to my previouse statement "people jumped to conclusions".

Some of you must of had a pretty stable life. It's easy to be judgemental when you've never experienced something like homelessness. There are alot of people who became homeless, and are going to, as a result of the covid lockdowns. It's not like there are tons of jobs that pay a living wage out there, and living within your means when you make less than $20/hr means living in a shitbox apt, or renting a room. Rent is insane, utilities are insane, the cost of transportation is insane. Then add food and other necessary hygiene; god forbid you need medical care.

When I was homeless, I NEVER had a drink of alcohol or did any drugs. I looked for work every day, and did EVERYTHING that was offered. I saved every penny and ate rice with stolen mustard packets for months, until I could get a $195/mo studio. You need decent clothes to work; those cost money. You need a daily shower; those cost money. You need a phone; those cost money. It's not as easy as "go get a job, you lazy POS!"

I expected more sound advice from this crew. I hope the OP can make something work, because right now they have a lifeline that helps if they play their cards right. I don;t think the OP is the typical "gimme gimme" homeless, break into your car, steal from the Sav On, poop on your sidewalk, leave a needle in your yard homeless.

Bullshyt HB. There are always jobs available for anyone who wants to work, always. Theres over 9.2 million unfilled jobs in the US right now. My guess is that number is actually much higher.
I imagine that most of us here have experienced hard times in our lives too. When I started out in life I was making $1.25 an hour doing ranch work. I never had to beg or steal in order to get by. Early in my career I went through many layoffs and real recessions. Big deal, I'd just go out and get another job until I was called back. When I was 19 I bought my first house while I was making $5.36 an hour. Even in my town of 500 people, both mills are hiring at a starting wage of $18.50 an hour. Almost every other business around this area, and country is hiring too. Only a dimwit or loser would stay at the starting wage for very long.

Latest posts

Back