Im a brand new Teenage Prepper!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexander Ferreira

Reaction score
Hello other teenage preppers, im a brand new prepper iv started for bout a month ago. i have started on my bug out bag. I 17 which means money is an issue, but i want to really continue my life with prepping. My entire family thinks im crazy about this but i know im not. My dad has problems with guns so its hard to get any weaponry. I want to get my guns license when i turn 18 but my dad wont even allow bb guns in the house. However ill jump over these obstacles and continue prepping.

Welcome Alexander...we have quite a few teenage preppers here...they even have a thread around somewhere! As for money, for some it is more an issue than others...WE prep on a budget so the idea is to look for thing that are multi-purpose and do what you can when you can. While food, water, shelter, protection are all important, the mind/knowledge part of prepping is important also....learn what you can right now about how to DO things and then when money is less tight/more available then buy :)

Welcome, your father is probably just worried about your safety and isn’t familiar with firearms, as a father of four boys I can tell you that guns are a great father son bonding tool, try to approach, weapons from that angle. I grew up with guns and hunting and it's one of the main things my father, me, and my sons all have in common. Start out with a less threatening weapon like maybe a hunting slingshot, or maybe a bow and arrow, then work your way up to a pellet gun or maybe even a bolt action .22 or a 410 shotgun maybe suggest y’all take shooting classes together. Once he sees that guns aren’t anything to be afraid of he’ll most likely get a thrill out of shooting like every other red-blooded American man (and woman). Good luck.

just remember the rule of 3:(in shtf situations)
3 minutes without air
3 hours without shelter
3 days without water
3 weeks without food.
With this in mind go to the dollar store and buy anything that could make getting any of the above easier.
Once you have these then you can start getting things that will make life easier post shft.
allot of the stuff you will need can be found around the house. E.G 2l drink bottles for water storage, plasters and pain killers for a first aid kit.
As for the family thing, they might one day come around to the idea( i doubt my family ever will though) but once they see that it is not just a phase you are going though, they should accept it.
Join your local army cadets (or the american equivalent), yes i know it's not the coolest thing in the world but the skills they teach you will be invaluable.
and lastly read this book: SAS Survival Guide: How to survive in the Wild, on Land or Sea (Collins Gem). it has been a massive help, teaching me how to catch food, what is the best food to catch in different environments, eatable plants, safe fire starting, shelter building and lots more.
If you have any questions or just want to chat with another teen preper just send me a message.

Welcome aboard Alex. The most important thing you can do to prep with a lack of funding is read and learn different prepping techniques. Good luck from Louisiana.

Hello other teenage preppers, im a brand new prepper iv started for bout a month ago. i have started on my bug out bag. I 17 which means money is an issue, but i want to really continue my life with prepping. My entire family thinks im crazy about this but i know im not. My dad has problems with guns so its hard to get any weaponry. I want to get my guns license when i turn 18 but my dad wont even allow bb guns in the house. However ill jump over these obstacles and continue prepping.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome to the site! I know money is tight, but do you have a job? Get a summer job if not!

Bubbadrier no i do not have a job iv been working on it. Iv applied everywhere just waiting for the call. And every penny i make is going to go to prepping

Welcome to the forum. My youngest daughter in fact is a member on her. If your grandparents are still alive, talk to them, maybe you can glean valuable information from them on surviving with next to nothing. Don't get caught up in the name brand, shiny new, got to have it gizmo. Use the tried and true methods of things. If your father does not want firearms under his roof and refuses to budge on that, you need to respect his wishes for as long as he is putting that roof over your head. That's not to say once you are 18 you can't go down to the gun range and pay for lessons so that you learn the proper way to handle the weapon. New Jersey is a whole different world than the one my girls have grown up in, both of them had their own rifles as soon as they were as tall as the rifle, but we live in the boonies.

I live in new jersey its so hard to get anything done around here. Living in urban areas makes it very hard to prep but i thank you for the wonderful advice

I know its a little late reply alex but im on board with you as a teenage prepper. We do have a thread in the prepping 101 section, though it doesnt get used a ton. If you want, most of the people i follow are teenagers, so if you check out that list youll get an idea of who all is a teen on here. Welcome to the forum! :D

Latest posts

Back