Illegal invasion of the US

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I am not a legal eagle, so I have a question. Can a person perform a Citizens Arrest on an Illegal Alien they see cross the border? If yes, can force be used it the person resists arrest?

Now I am not a legal eagle, so I have a question. Can a person perform a Citizens Arrest on an Illegal Alien they see cross the border? If yes, can force be used it the person resists arrest?

You can't detain them if they are only passing through (no damage no violence) You can call the cops for trespass, but if you detain them you may find yourself on the other end of the law 'Illegal detention' or worse 'kidnapping'. Citizen Arrest is touchy and don't wan't to be caught in the gray area.

Clips Iv seen of this the observer relays information and records the actions of the ones being observed . If threatened as always The observer could defend themselves .

Its a sad situation. Criminals have more rights than none criminals in todays US government. A illegal non citizen is much more likely to not be arrested for committing a crime than a legal citizen. A law abiding citizen can be persuaded to pay fines and restitution for motor vehicle and civil violations. A illegal has nothing to lose and is immune to such violations. Even some felony charges and there just deported.

You can get in front of them and look menacing though. But brandishing a firearm in front of a trespasser is really touchy, legally. Keep it holstered or slung over your shoulder. Don't even think about firing a warning shot...as my cousin found out. The judge told him to drop the trespassing charge or he would be facing an "assault with a deadly weapon" charge.

I believe (note that I said "believe", not "know") that a citizen's arrest can only be done to prevent a violent felony.

Stealing an ATM is a felony, but it isn't violent.

A citizen can, however, do a citizen's arrest if someone is throwing a molotov cocktail, or kidnapping a person...for example.

You just better be right, because you can be charged with assault and/or kidnapping...and sued...if you're wrong about your local laws.

I believe (note that I said "believe", not "know") that a citizen's arrest can only be done to prevent a violent felony.

Stealing an ATM is a felony, but it isn't violent.

A citizen can, however, do a citizen's arrest if someone is throwing a molotov cocktail, or kidnapping a person...for example.

You just better be right, because you can be charged with assault and/or kidnapping...and sued...if you're wrong about your local laws.

Or breach of peace not just a felony fyi, but generally states sets the tone for citizens arrest and there are certain requirements that need to be met again the states sets the tone. The person making the citizens arrest better be right because they ain't afforded the same protection as a LEO, also in many states if you witness the felony and made the citizen arrest and that person was found not guilty by jury or charges dropped for whatever reason, that person can and most likely will ruin your life, even if you can prove he did those thing problem is he was found not guilty wrong or right you are fxxked!

Or breach of peace not just a felony fyi, but generally states sets the tone for citizens arrest and there are certain requirements that need to be met again the states sets the tone. The person making the citizens arrest better be right because they ain't afforded the same protection as a LEO, also in many states if you witness the felony and made the citizen arrest and that person was found not guilty by jury or charges dropped for whatever reason, that person can and most likely will ruin your life, even if you can prove he did those thing problem is he was found not guilty wrong or right you are fxxked!
I agree. F----ked with a pinecone.

That probably varies with jurisdiction.

Mississippi Code § 97-3-15. Homicide; justifiable homicide; use of defensive force; duty to retreat.

(1) The killing of a human being by the act, procurement or omission of another shall be justifiable in the following cases:
(e) When committed by any person in resisting any attempt unlawfully to kill such person or to commit any felony upon him, or upon or in any dwelling, in any occupied vehicle, in any place of business, in any place of employment or in the immediate premises thereof in which such person shall be;

(f) When committed in the lawful defense of one's own person or any other human being, where there shall be reasonable ground to apprehend a design to commit a felony or to do some great personal injury, and there shall be imminent danger of such design being accomplished;

(g) When necessarily committed in attempting by lawful ways and means to apprehend any person for any felony committed;

Latest posts

Back