IF you were Homeless and had only a $1000

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'd call that a chapel, not a church. A church has a congregation that pays the pastor. (no government sponsored churches here). Actually the building isn't the church, the congregation is. A chapel doesn't have a regular congregation, but rents out for weddings and such. Like the one my daughter got married in.
D0lVdP5.jpg

I was never homeless...I always had my backpack and a pair of boots! That WAS MY HOME!..

YAY..:)
Nobody with a tent and sleeping bag can ever be truly homeless.
The purpose of a tent is to keep the rain/snow off our squishy body, and the bag is to keep us warm, piece o' cake.
When I got out of jail in 2002 (3 month vigilante rap) I was evicted by the council for that 'anti-social' sentence so I simply packed my tent and sleeping bag into my rucksack and pedalled off on my bike to camp in a wood, jobless, womanless, near-penniless, but not for an instant was I downhearted because I was too busy laughing at myself- "Oh great" I thought, "I've ended up as Bigfoot"..
"A person without a sense of humour is like a wagon without springs, jolted by every pebble on life's road"- Anon

PS- this is my tent which ticks all the right boxes, it's single-skin (therefore half the weight of a double-skinner), it's got a nice camo pattern for stealth, its got an overhanging 'mini-porch' to keep the rain out, a bug door mesh, and its got two long mesh panels along the lower sides for anti-condensation ventilation.
On the downside it's a two-manner which means there's the risk of a stinking pal getting in with you..:)
tent-summer-combuk.jpg

small-sunlit-Christmas-trees-covered-in-fresh-snow-in-a-fabulous-winter-pine-forest.jpg

Last edited:
I was homeless when I got out of jail in 2002 (3 month vigilante rap) so I went and lived with my sister and niece for a few months while I saved up enough cash to put down the advance rent and deposit on a flat.
I met a landlord to view a property and said "I'm unemployed" and his face fell a bit, but I whipped the advance rent + deposit out of my pocket and waved it under his nose and it put a smile on his face bigger than a wave on a slop bucket, and I was in..:)

Having a difficult time keeping your story straight? Tent or at your sisters place? Real world or fantasy, tough to figure out which story to believe.

Last edited:
Having a difficult time keeping your story straight. Tent or at your sisters place? Real world or fantasy, tough to figure out which story to believe.

No offence mate but are you paranoid? You live in the blue Dem state of AZ so perhaps the nuttiness of the Biden-lovers is rubbing off on you?
"He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm" (Bible: Proverbs 13:20)

WIKI- Paranoid personality disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis characterised by a pervasive and long-standing suspiciousness and generalized mistrust of others,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid_personality_disorderHow about it Norm?
norman-bates.jpg

Let me spell it out for you- After living in my tent for a while I broke camp and went to live with my sister while I saved up enough social security cash for the advance rent and deposit on a flat, then went to view a property and waved the cash under the landlords nose, it put a smile on his face bigger than a wave on a slop bucket and we signed the tenancy agreement on the spot and I'm still living here 17 years later..:)
The moral?- if i can do it anybody can because my life motto is the same as Lord Alan Sugar's-
"Personality opens doors, and character keeps them open"

Last edited:
..I havent stepped into a church for 40 years and never will again.

Some christian pals used to try to introduce me to various churches but I always soon walked out bored stiff and they'd rofl saying "There he goes!"
It turned out they'd been betting how many minutes I'd last before walking,.:)
Once I walked before the service had even begun, it was one of those cockamamie 'Alpha Course' things and the boss of it chased me down the street asking me to come back; it was like trying to escape from Colditz but I managed to give him the slip and made a home run..:)

So you saved up your govt welfare money while at your sisters and rented an apartment where you still live?
Don't you work?

an ex con and says 63 on his profile I doubt it? too busy gaming to hold down any real job.

I'm retired.. :cool:
I got a letter from the jobcentre when I was 59 asking me if I'd like to sign off the dole and go onto something called "Pension Credit", I'd never heard of that so I googled it and the key phrase that grabbed me was "Anyone who applies for PC would probably become better off financially", so I applied and officially became a pensioner and have been rolling in cash for the past 13 years ever since..:)

PS- I'm 73 not 63, I must have filled my profile in wrong and I can't find a way to correct it

So you saved up your govt welfare money while at your sisters and rented an apartment where you still live?
Don't you work?

I was on jobseekers allowance and housing benefit because jobs were scarce because many had been taken by immigrants, and loads more unemployed scrounging immigrants were milking the welfare system.
My healthy attitude was "Mushbrained Brit taxpayers voted the useless politicians into power who let immigs flood in, so it's only right that the dotty taxpayers should pay my benefits"..:)

Personally I've only ever supported the patriotic anti-immig parties so my conscience is clear, here's my old BNP membership card..:D

bnp-card-B.jpg

PS- I'm 73 not 63, I must have filled my profile in wrong and I can't find a way to correct it
You can't. You put in the wrong date of birth, and only an administrator can change it. I'm just a lowly moderator and can't do it.
I my have my senior moments, but I never get my year of birth wrong. 🙄

You can't. You put in the wrong date of birth, and only an administrator can change it. I'm just a lowly moderator and can't do it.
I my have my senior moments, but I never get my year of birth wrong. 🙄

I don't age anyway, my toddler niece once asked her mum "Is Mick a man or a boy?" because she couldn't figger me out..:)

Here’s a homeless bum update from San Diego : the city paid for various hotels/motels to allow homeless bums to move in free of charge. Well, what do you know...the homeless bums trashed the places in record time.

Here’s a homeless bum update from San Diego : the city paid for various hotels/motels to allow homeless bums to move in free of charge. Well, what do you know...the homeless bums trashed the places in record time.

Only the Democrats would figure differently. Anybody with half a brain could see that coming. Well I guess that does leave out the Democrats.

Only the Democrats would figure differently. Anybody with half a brain could see that coming. Well I guess that does leave out the Democrats.

A man was diagnosed with a brain disorder. His doctor recommended a partial lobotomy. After the operation the doctor came in and said :

“Sorry, we made a big mistake. Instead of a partial lobotomy, we accidentally removed your whole brain.”

The man replied :

“Oh, no! Now I’m a Democrat!”

I was on jobseekers allowance and housing benefit because jobs were scarce because many had been taken by immigrants, and loads more unemployed scrounging immigrants were milking the welfare system.
My healthy attitude was "Mushbrained Brit taxpayers voted the useless politicians into power who let immigs flood in, so it's only right that the dotty taxpayers should pay my benefits"..:)

Personally I've only ever supported the patriotic anti-immig parties so my conscience is clear, here's my old BNP membership card..:D

bnp-card-B.jpg
ah! another ex member here!!!
the one policy I liked was " if it dosent involve BRITISH people, BRITISH territory or BRITISH companies then we should mind our own business, I always agreed with that !!!

Latest posts

Back