IF you were Homeless and had only a $1000

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd spend half on a cheap car then buy bucket and some detergent, a window wiper with a long handle, and some rags and start going door to door in the business district offering glass cleaning services. As soon as I had made a couple of hundred I'd have business cards made up and get a sort of uniform, up my prices and target the better businesses.

I was homeless when I got out of jail in 2002 (3 month vigilante rap) so I went and lived with my sister and niece for a few months while I saved up enough cash to put down the advance rent and deposit on a flat.
I met a landlord to view a property and said "I'm unemployed" and his face fell a bit, but I whipped the advance rent + deposit out of my pocket and waved it under his nose and it put a smile on his face bigger than a wave on a slop bucket, and I was in..:)

nothing wrong with an air rifle or crossbow and they arent licenced.

Good thinking mate, here's Hubert in action in 'Survivors 1975' (episode 'Law of the Jungle') killing the tyrant Brod with a bolt in the back..:)-
(PS- Interesting group Brod had, they lived in railway carriages in a siding)

Speaking of locations, some of the Survivors 1975 group earlier lived in this church for a while-

surv-church.jpg

Yes they only needed a temporary roof over their head and the church did the job. They also had a tent they used at other times before getting established in their big country house.

I had a friend who thought like you about National Trust properties, but its only feasible with a very large group and only if they know what their doing.
I'm keeping it small, "Keep It Simple, Stupid" principle, large groups need too much of everything, too much food, too much water, and its hard to keep a large group hidden.

Yes too many and there'll be too many mouths to feed, I just posted about it in the UK Preppers thread

the more people you have the more land you need to feed them, the more land you have you need more people to work it, its sort of self perpetuating.
for a Brit its better to keep it small, we cannot trust strangers post collapse and all UK groups will be family units and family only.
I would rather be all alone than be with someone I could not trust, better to sleep alone than get a knife in the ribs in the middle of the night and all your stuff stolen.

Last edited:
the more people you have the more land you need to feed them, the more land you have you need more people to work it, its sort of self perpetuating.
for a Brit its better to keep it small, we cannot trust strangers post collapse and all UK groups will be family units and family only.
I would rather be all alone than be with someone I could not trust, better to sleep alone than get a knife in the ribs in the middle of the night and all your stuff stolen.

You're welcome to pop over to the UK Preppers forum to pick up my tips on how to defend yourself and your property..:)
https://www.doomsdayprepperforums.com/threads/uk-preppers.677/

There no possible way to make such a broad generalization of American churches. Some may be unheated with stone floors, and some have central AC with wall to wall carpet, and everything in between.
I'm talking about small parish churches, and they tend to be unheated with stone flagstone floors, I know by experience how cold they are.
most parish churches tend to have small congregations and some only have services once a month as the vicar probably runs 3 or 4 different ones.

Latest posts

Back