IF you were Homeless and had only a $1000

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnPreppedHomeless

Reaction score
If you were homeless right now. And only had $1000.

Where would you relocate too and what would you buy?

This is my current situation. Unfortunately I'm a young adult with nothing. I've been homeless for 3 months now. I think this has been great but, also not great cause I use to be in a better position in my life and I no longer am anymore. Went from top to bottom.

I'm highly aware of all the crazy stuff happening in the world. Foreclosure moratorium ends June 30th, Fed is doing a debrief on everything they know about UFOs before June 25th, I mean anyone who just skims through news articles real quick everyday from 2020 to 2021. I think we can all agree and say we have never seen so much chaos in our lives ever. Seems like everyday somebody new dies or groups. I mean the amount of chaos is just insane.

So my question is if you were homeless but, had unemployment income. What would you buy. Also, where would you relocate too?

I literally don't know what to do guys. And I need all the help and advice I can get. Obviously, I need to focus on other things in life other than prepping but, honestly. I need some support cause I literally have NO ONE. I'm in a weird situation in my life and trust no one. I don't even feel comfortable living in someone's household. I know that sounds nuts but, after what i've experienced with people and humanity from ages 4-20-21(won't disclose age). It's insane how people have taken advantage of me and used me. I'm seriously a good dude and don't understand it. Where's all the good people at?

No I will not seek therapy. lol. I am perfectly fine.

Last edited:
You are right, seeking therapy would cost me more money. I am going to assume you are on the beach, so take the bus to the Greyhound station in downtown Los Angeles, get a ticket for San Diego. Open a checking/debit account at Bank of America in San Diego and have your unemployment check directly deposited. From San Diego bus to Tijuana. They will take you debit card in Mexico and you will live like a king there. Begin writing a book as you are perhaps the only "homeless" person on the planet without an alcohol or drug problem and people on the left will want to have a good cry over your story.

You are right, seeking therapy would cost me more money. I am going to assume you are on the beach, so take the bus to the Greyhound station in downtown Los Angeles, get a ticket for San Diego. Open a checking/debit account at Bank of America in San Diego and have your unemployment check directly deposited. From San Diego bus to Tijuana. They will take you debit card in Mexico and you will live like a king there. Begin writing a book as you are perhaps the only "homeless" person on the planet without an alcohol or drug problem and people on the left will want to have a good cry over your story.

Hahaha oh my gosh man. That's a good one. But in all seriousness. You commented on my last thread. Said get out of california but I find it ironic how you're in california too but I'm sure you have a good reason and probably in a good location too. If you had to recommend a state to go too. What would that be?

Don't know why you're in California. I was born there but would never go back. But, hey, you're getting primo unemployment free money there, so maybe you should stay. You're not going to get a ton of freebies in red states, you'll be expected to get a job. There must be jobs in California...why don't you start with getting one?
I'm no good with helping the homeless because I can't understand the why of the situation. Our little granddaughter, that we are guardians of, has a train wreck of a homeless mom that traveled from California, where she was getting disability and other freebies to us in the midwest. Our bigger town close to us has a homeless shelter, took her and the boyfriend she has in, 2 square meals, a list of people hiring, help with a resume, rides, new clothes, shower. Free for 8 weeks..and their own room. They've chosen to panhandle, refuse to work, want the freebies, party all night, sleep all day. She's been like this forever, and is in her early 40's now. Some people choose to live like this. Living otherwise takes work.
So, UnpreppedHomeless...make your choice. Where are you going to work and live? There's no utopia anywhere, and you won't get anywhere unless you work hard and show up every single day.
Actually, this is a good topic to get into. I had a talk with granddaughter's mom's boyfriend one afternoon when they were visiting granddaughter. He said that he is self sufficient because he lived out in the woods for awhile once. I called him on this, because there is no self sufficiency relying on the leftovers in the city. Unemployment, disability, dumpster diving, shelters, soup kitchens, free healthcare, food stamps....none of these things will happen when the SHTF. It is just living off an already dying city and relying on others to meet your basic needs. Preppers work hard at jobs and preparations to make sure that their families and the people they care about don't have to suffer. They do it themselves.

If you were homeless right now. And only had $1000.

Where would you relocate too and what would you buy?

This is my current situation. Unfortunately I'm a young adult with nothing. I've been homeless for 3 months now. I think this has been great but, also not great cause I use to be in a better position in my life and I no longer am anymore. Went from top to bottom.

I'm highly aware of all the crazy stuff happening in the world. Foreclosure moratorium ends June 30th, Fed is doing a debrief on everything they know about UFOs before June 25th, I mean anyone who just skims through news articles real quick everyday from 2020 to 2021. I think we can all agree and say we have never seen so much chaos in our lives ever. Seems like everyday somebody new dies or groups. I mean the amount of chaos is just insane.

So my question is if you were homeless but, had unemployment income. What would you buy. Also, where would you relocate too?

I literally don't know what to do guys. And I need all the help and advice I can get. Obviously, I need to focus on other things in life other than prepping but, honestly. I need some support cause I literally have NO ONE. I'm in a weird situation in my life and trust no one. I don't even feel comfortable living in someone's household. I know that sounds nuts but, after what i've experienced with people and humanity from ages 4-20-21(won't disclose age). It's insane how people have taken advantage of me and used me. I'm seriously a good dude and don't understand it. Where's all the good people at?

No I will not seek therapy. lol. I am perfectly fine.

Don't spend a dime. Make the $1k your emergency fund and get a job, any job, immediately. Find a cheap place to live. When I was in college, since I spent all my time on campus, I lived in a boarding house that charged $50/week and was only a five minute walk from school and my job which was a third shift motel clerk. If you're interested in improving your skills, either as a worker or a prepper, you can apply for financial aid and based on your income clear a hundred bucks per month after you pay your school costs.
Spend your time doing constructive things like accumulating money.

There are resources available to help you improve your resume and skills, and ultimately find a job. That's what you should focus on. There's a reason for why you're in this situation. That's not for me or anyone else to guess, but you need to recognize it in yourself and work to make a change.
I was semi homeless (lived out of my car and couch surfed) in my late teens due to substance abuse issues. What amazed me was how quickly it all turned around once I started focusing on self improvement and hard work.
Yes, the world sucks. People suck. That's not going to change. But you can work to build a better life for yourself. Start with getting a job, any job. Work hard, and you'll be amazed how many doors will open for you.

think you need to take your bindle and head over to Reddit >>> most think prepping is what you also think prepping is about ....

TRUE preppers work and prepare to prevent becoming you in a SHTF situation - it's not street bumming or "urban camping" or whatever other excuse your jargon allows ...

Yes, the OP's mindset is not employment. It is not renting a place to live. He wants us to help him get more free stuff so he can spend the $1000.00 on drugs. If he is a prepper at all his goal is prepping for a drug buy.

By the way, homeless people all have smart phones.

Yes, the OP's mindset is not employment. It is not renting a place to live. He wants us to help him get more free stuff so he can spend the $1000.00 on drugs. If he is a prepper at all his goal is prepping for a drug buy.

In my opinion, anyone with a nickels worth of sense and ethics would have some sort of job. I've been laid off several times over the years but I've never been out of work. There's always work available, no matter what the economy is.

One question: What are you preparing for? What do you envision your life to look like in 10, 20, 30, 40 years? Some of those ideas need to be worked on now. Retirement income needs to be added to now.

When I was much younger, my idea of preparedness was to work hard. I was a teacher and on the side I tutored, taught GED classes, house sat, and whatever work and income opportunities came my way. I searched for a home that I could afford and paid it off. Having a home that is paid for is one way of preparing for retirement. You may be many years away from retirement, but it takes about 30 years to pay off a home for most people.

In my opinion, anyone with a nickels worth of sense and ethics would have some sort of job. I've been laid off several times over the years but I've never been out of work. There's always work available, no matter what the economy is.
THERE YOU GO ARCTIC; TAKING THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH!!!
I was never homeless...I always had my backpack and a pair of boots! That WAS MY HOME! Changed jobs to better paying ones, learned new skills, traded my skills for money, went to trucking school, drove long-haul in the US, drove long haul in Europe, Bus lines, Bus long-distance, taxis and was an armed body guard even...where I laid my hat daily was my home...get to work, get yourself prepped and REPORT BACK IN TO US IN A YEAR!!!
Live free, Gary

Latest posts

Back