IF you were Homeless and had only a $1000

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was homeless a few years back during a rough patch in my life. During that time I slept in my truck/at my gf's place or on my friend's couches when I was able. Walmart used to be somewhat friendly to those who would sleep in their parking lots (Not so much these days I'm noticing) But If I had $1000. I'd buy some camping gear and find some quiet woods to hide out in, till I got some work going for me. Or a Hotel room if you think you could get a job and paid quickly. Get a Gym membership somewhere like Planet Fitness. $10/month for a Workout and Shower facilities.

Coffee Shops/Cafe's typically have free Wi-Fi access.

But yeah I think I agree with most people here when they say get out of California ASAP.

I’ve never been homeless, but I’ve come very close. During my early 20’s the paycheck never seemed to cover all of the bills. Then I got laid off about every 3 years. Luck or skill? Maybe a little of both that I never ended up living under a bridge.

I had to live in a rented room in shared houses a couple of times but thats the closest I've come to being homeless.
When I was a senior in college, I rented a room in a house that had 6 bedrooms and each was occupied. I lived in the house because the cost of a room was super cheap. We shared cooking and other responsibilities. Each of us had our own group of friends. I was the only woman, and had a boyfriend out of state. I left the house early, because I had classes at 8 in the morning, and got home around 9 in the evening because I was working on campus.
I have often thought that this would be a decent way to live for many. I wouldn't have ever considered that I was homeless.

When I was a senior in college, I rented a room in a house that had 6 bedrooms and each was occupied. I lived in the house because the cost of a room was super cheap. We shared cooking and other responsibilities. Each of us had our own group of friends. I was the only woman, and had a boyfriend out of state. I left the house early, because I had classes at 8 in the morning, and got home around 9 in the evening because I was working on campus.
I have often thought that this would be a decent way to live for many. I wouldn't have ever considered that I was homeless.
the last place where I lived like that had 5 bedrooms, shared bathroom and shared kitchen, that was okay as only myself and another person did any cooking, all the others either ate out or had take aways, 2 of my friends got rooms there too so we literally took over the place.
that was 30 years ago now after my second divorce, stayed there 1 year then moved out, on, and up.

When I was a senior in college, I rented a room in a house that had 6 bedrooms and each was occupied. I lived in the house because the cost of a room was super cheap. We shared cooking and other responsibilities.
Hell, I did that for a while even when I had a job...a very low paying job... Until the owner of the house got married and kicked us all out, LOL. It was a helluvalot cheaper than paying for an apartment.

When I was a senior in college, I rented a room in a house that had 6 bedrooms and each was occupied.

When I was single and poor, instead of married and poor, I rented a single room studio because it was all I could afford. I remember thinking, “So this is how a sardine feels.”

There is work to be had. I've practically begged dump truck owner/operators to bring me a load of fill dirt -them naming their price. I've talked to three different equipment operators about spreading it. Never asked them how much $, never blinked when they spit their price. I said do it and always an excuse later. All the tractor rentals are out on this holiday weekend. With all that machinery running, there's clean up shovel work for any unskilled laborer. Had a guy lined up today to help on an outdoor project -not even a text. Same guy was asking to work extra hours in the AC.

I think he may have been trolling us. Wasn’t sure at first but the responses about being worried about getting a job due to another lock down kind of gave it away.
Just a confused and lonely millennial no doubt. Probably posed this question on a dozen forums. It's hard when you're young and have no life skills, doubly harder in this age where young people have grown up wrapped in cotton wool. Meat for the grinder most of them.

It’s been 2 weeks since the OP dropped in.......he/she/it was pulling our chain.

I'm basically homeless as we speak. I sold my property and built a small cargo trailer conversion that I've been living out of for a year and a half now. I make a lot of money and have almost zero bills. This form of nomad living has been proving to put a lot of money in my savings thus helping me to purchase supplied for the bigger picture that is coming SOON

Attachments

• 0620211642_HDR.jpg
    0620211642_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
  • 0620211641a.jpg
    0620211641a.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
I've never been "homeless", nor have I ever had less than $1000 since grade school. Most so-called homeless people are there by choice. They used to be called bums, tramps or gutter trash.
I have lived in a tent, trailer and under tarps while I was building. Some would call that homeless. I just call it temporary living during construction.

Most so-called homeless people are there by choice. They used to be called bums, tramps or gutter trash.

Yes. I see the same homeless bums begging for handouts when I go to WORK every day, and they’re still begging for handouts when I come home from WORK every day. They don’t want to WORK which is why they are homeless bums because you have to WORK to pay a home mortgage.

Latest posts

Back