IF they convict Trump.......

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The circumstances that lead to the revolutionary war were juuuuuuuuuuuust a tad different than the circumstances that lead a sore loser man-baby to incite a deadly riot at the capitol. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

Fortunately, in our legal system only a preponderance of evidence will convict an individual....unless weā€™re talking about OJ Simpson.

We spend far to much time just bitchin about problems, just like the masses, instead we should be identifying problems then HOW TO MITIGATE against the effects.

Those preppers committed to the cause should be striving to produce as much of their own fuel / energy as they can. Even an apartment dwelling prepper can do his bit by recharging / or powering Phones, Radios, Laptops with a window hung portable PV panel. Fitting double glazing, going over to low energy LED lighting, better insulation etc, hyper insulated freezers etc.

Better off preppers should by sourcing alternative fuel sources like wood for heating, Solar water heating, Ground source heat pumps, geothermal ( if the geology is right) . Making their own biodiesel or going duel fuel ( petrol - propane) for gasoline powered engines.

The problems with the cost / availabily of petrochem based fuels NEVER goes away, just some other issue affecting costs and delivery is just over the horizon, The fuel will keep flowing (for now) but as preppers we must seriously be seeking alternatives and back ups.

There is a pretty clear consensus among us that Biden and the Deminists are really going to shaft society and fuel is just the first issue, so let start focusing on how we are going adress fuel security.

Footnote, Consider this " Could this immediate attack by the dems on the price / availability of petrofuels be part and parcel of their GREEN DEAL , the plan to drive people away from the private ownership of cars, Consider. "

you also have a Democrat Govenor. . . That is the reason you are still in lockdown. Don't worry Biden is in office now so your state should start opening up now any time now.

We are going from $10 a barrel moving thru the pipeline to $30 traveling thru railway s. That is going to be passed on to the consumer.

We're just makin' stuff up.

Missouri has a Republican governor, and no oil's been moving through that pipeline- then or now. Frankly, when oil prices drop below ~$50/barrel, American oil fields (and the workers running them) go offline.

I don't think we should congratulate ourselves too heartily for putting Americans out of work, but we can agree to disagree.

We're just makin' stuff up.

Missouri has a Republican governor, and no oil's been moving through that pipeline- then or now. Frankly, when oil prices drop below ~$50/barrel, American oil fields (and the workers running them) go offline.

I don't think we should congratulate ourselves too heartily for putting Americans out of work, but we can agree to disagree.
I appologize, for whatever reason I thought you were in Kansas.

I'm in Kansas, and yep, there's a dem governor. Although she's as right a dem as I've ever seen. This last state election no dems won anything. And this state has not been closed down except for the two weeks in March (as far as business restriction goes). Masks are suggested.
I don't think she will withstand another term, though. I heard she won by not much, there were three running and split the vote.

Agenda 2030 would prefer everyone move to the cities and use public transportation. Nationalize all the farm land out of the cities. Have slave workers there.
Hunger Games anyone?
I moved out of a city 21 years ago there is no way in hell I'm going back there.

Fortunately, in our legal system only a preponderance of evidence will convict an individual.
So youā€™re saying heā€™s not convicted yet? Thanks for keeping me updated.

He can't be impeached. He's not the president anymore. But Biden and Kamala can be impeached.
A civil war would start, or a separation of states if the dems illegally impeached Trump. It is clear it would be illegal. I don't think they'll try and cross that line. I think they're talking big to get people worked up. Like Kevin 321.

That means that if we get back control of Congress, we can impeach Obama and Biden, and re-impeach Clinton and this time convict and remove him from office. (Whatever that means :rolleyes:)
Since there don't seem to be any rules about who and when you can impeach, can we have presidential impeachments for Hillary and Sanders too?
šŸ¤Ŗ

He can't be impeached. He's not the president anymore. But Biden and Kamala can be impeached.
A civil war would start, or a separation of states if the dems illegally impeached Trump. It is clear it would be illegal. I don't think they'll try and cross that line. I think they're talking big to get people worked up. Like Kevin 321.
Trump was already impeached, twice. First president to be impeached twice. So much winning.

I am sure Leahy will "administer impartial justice. . . .:rolleyes:
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/535700-leahy-roberts-to-preside-over-impeachment-trial
Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts will not preside over former President Trumpā€™s Senate impeachment trial, which is scheduled to begin in earnest on Feb. 8.

Instead, Senate President Pro Tempore Patrick Leahy (Vt.), the most senior member of the Senate Democratic Conference, will preside over the trial.

Leahy on Monday confirmed he would wield the gavel and promised to administer ā€œimpartial justice.ā€

ā€œThe president pro tempore has historically presided over Senate impeachment trials of non-presidents. When presiding over an impeachment trial, the president pro tempore takes an additional special oath to do impartial justice according to the Constitution and its laws. It is an oath that I take extraordinarily seriously,ā€ he said in a statement.

Leahy vowed he would ā€œnot waver from my constitutional and sworn obligations to administer the trial with fairness, in accordance with the Constitution and the laws.ā€

A spokesman for Leahy said Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) have been in talks to lay the procedural groundwork.

A spokesman for Leahy said the decision on presiding over the trial is up to Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).

ā€œLeaders have been negotiating all process issues about the trial, and all along we have deferred to them for any announcements about this and all other process matters,ā€ the aide said.

Republican critics say this creates a conflict of interest because Leahy voted in February to convict Trump on two articles of impeachment.

Some have also argued the Senate should not be impeaching a former president, and that only Roberts should be presiding.

ā€œThereā€™s only one constitutional process for impeachment and it is of the president, not a president,ā€ said Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.). ā€œIt requires the chief justice to preside.ā€

Hawley joined House Republicans in challenging the Electoral College vote tally in Pennsylvania and Arizona. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) also joined House Republicans in challenging the results in those states.

The debate in the House and Senate over those challenges was interrupted when a mob overwhelmed Capitol Police and ransacked the Capitol.

The House voted to impeach Trump a week later, deciding he had incited the rioters.

Trump repeatedly and falsely said widespread fraud had taken place and that an election win had been stolen from him. He also spoke to a crowd gathered near the White House a short time before police were overwhelmed at the Capitol.

Hawley has also come under criticism for his decision to challenge the Electoral College results, with a number of Democrats blaming him in part for the riot.

Other Republicans say Robertsā€™s absence undermines the legitimacy of the trial.

ā€œThe Constitution requires that the chief justice preside over the impeachment trial of a president but thatā€™s not what weā€™re doing. To me thatā€™s indicative of the fact that weā€™re in uncharted waters,ā€ said Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), a member of the Judiciary Committee.

ā€œI just think it looks very petty and vindictive and I understand there are a lot of people who are mad but the process itself already looks like a railroad job,ā€ he added.

Cornyn said having a Democrat preside over the trial ā€œreally undermines the legitimacy.ā€

Other GOP senators echoed that criticism.

ā€œIf the chief justice doesnā€™t preside, I think itā€™s an illegitimate hearing and really goes to show that itā€™s not really constitutional to impeach someone whoā€™s not president,ā€ said Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.).

Leahy on Monday pushed back on the Republican criticism.

ā€œI have presided over hundreds of hours in my time in the Senate. I donā€™t think anybody has ever suggested I was anything but impartial in those hundreds of hours,ā€ he said.

Asked about his frequent criticism of Trump over the past four years, Leahy responded: ā€œIā€™m not presenting the evidence. Iā€™m making sure that procedures are followed.ā€

ā€œI donā€™t think thereā€™s any senator who over the 40 plus years Iā€™ve been here that would say that I am anything but impartial in voting on procedure,ā€ he said.

Several Democrats pressed last week for Roberts to preside over the trial.

ā€œThat is his constitutional duty. I canā€™t imagine why a Supreme Court justice would not do his duty,ā€ said Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.).

Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), a member of the Judiciary panel, said Roberts should preside.

ā€œI think he should because it will be a straightforward, simple trial. I would think that the chief justice lends the dignity and seriousness it requires,ā€ he said.

But Blumenthal acknowledged Roberts ā€œis not required by law to do it.ā€

No he wasn't really. There has to be a trial. Clinton didn't even get that far. No president got that far.
Yes, really.

BC6F7F04-5C5B-4E56-99D8-C71E2FD1D537.png

Latest posts

Back