If I only had a beach house....

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_V

Reaction score
I live near the Danube, it is around five miles away at the nearest point. It gets fed from seven large rivers all across Europe and swells accordingly to the rainfall in Germany, Austria, Chech Republic and Hungary itself. Over many hundred years, they have built dams and levees in series on the lower side of the river to catch any overflowing. The Danube would have to overflow an area of about a thousand square miles to be able to reach my house behind two of the levees which are about 20 feet high. I have good insurance too, triple of the value of what I paid for the house.

If I only had a beach house....I might be worried about a 1.5-foot water level rise, but unless I'm unknowingly a "Highlander" I think I'll be long gone by then! According to a new NOAA report, Southwest Florida could see sea levels rise nearly 1.5 feet by 2050 if we stay with the current trends.
Anyone young enough or close enough to the ocean it could spoil your plans?!
Nope...200+ miles from the ocean but I have lived there and it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Latest posts

Back