If I had to live in London?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Earth

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
If I had to live in London?

Today an associate posed the question to me of “If you HAD to live in London (never by choice I

assure you) what specific preps would you understand to try and offset the problems of living in

London?”

Firstly I’m deliberately avoiding the issue of personal security when moving around London, that’s a

completely separate and contentious issue all in itself.

I thought it a fair question and it took a good bit of thought so here goes

(1)If I had a choice I would live on the top floor of one of the apartment blocks that are common in

London not the huge 30 plus story tower blocks mind you, only the 4 or 5 story buildings with a flat

roof, one with a very large fresh water tank if possible. Never the basement, ground or first floor

(flood,fire, burglary risk)

(2) First specific purchases a wire or rope *escape ladder, or *fabric escape tube.

(3)Second specific purchase a set of *bolt cutters, *mash hammer and *pry-bar to ensure I can

access the roof, plus short ladder if roof only accessible through hatch.

(4) If suitable I would cache *water plus extra containers, *food and supplies in the flat and on the

roof, plus at a 24 /7 U-store type place.

(5) I would fit a *laminated (steel/wood/steel) front door with four hinges and multi point locking

And a magnifying spy hole in the door and the letter box feeding into a sealed metal fire resistant

mail box on the inside. A large dry powder *fire extinguisher would live in the hallway.

(6) Would probably try and put up a ham / CB antenna on the roof but would not run the wire to the

apartment, instead choosing to go to the roof to connect up and make / receive broadcasts.

(7) Would obtain high quality *LUL route map and *London Canal and Waterways map, I would

recce every possible BO route frequently, Also plot the route of all power pylons out of the city.

(8) I would join Subterranea Britannica as a fully paid up member to access their massive archive of

info on underground London, I would also participate in every Sub Brit organised field trip held in the

city.

(9) I would buy and study the two books *BENEATH THE CITY STREETS by PETER LAURIE and

WARPLAN UK by Duncan Campbell which both contain valuable info on tunnels, routes, etc in

London.

(10) Funds permitting I would buy a *Folding mountain bike and an inflatable or *Folding Kayak

(11) Supplemental to the *pry-bar / mash hammer / bolt cutters I would try and obtain a pair of the

*manhole / access hatch keys used by London’s utilities to access the subterranean world under

London.

*The bits above would be EXTRA to the normal preps I would have such as a BOB, Quality Flashlights,

Light Sticks, Extensive Medical kit, Personal Security implements, Radio kit, Rations, Travel Clothing

etc.

I don’t think I would attempt to use a private vehicle INSIDE the GLC area for bugging out cept

perhaps a small motorcycle or bicycle, but if possible I would keep some sort of vehicle outside the

GLC area perhaps at a friend’s or relatives place or a rented lockup.

That’s my humble take on the issue I bet there is loads of extra tips and info going to come from the

Urban Prep community

Latest posts

Back