Ideas for prepping on a strict budget?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen and used an alice bag (once) I like them. My only problem is that it is easier to find a MOLLE bag now
Not so true, at least not for me, if you go on Ebay and search it might not be that hard, I've seen them for around $30 shipped. Now Im not saying that the alice pack is for everyone, because everyone may not like it, I love my alice pack. It is a wonderful pack and can carry a lot of stuff! MOLLE on the other hand is nice and versatile, the only reason I choose not to get anything MOLLE is because its more expensive and I like the alice equipment better. Im not trying say I hate MOLLE completely, I will probably get a MOLLE plate carrier just use for kevlar plating.

I personally like buying my stuff brand new, makes me feel more in control. :p but what ever floats your boat

I personally like buying my stuff brand new, makes me feel more in control. :p but what ever floats your boat
Yeah that is true, brand new stuff is nice, but if your someone like me who is on a tight budget and cant really afford new stuff then you have to go with older equipment. But I also like the older equipment, like I said my vest was unissued and came in great condition and a couple other things that I had bought for it too came in great condition like the butt pack or the canteens, I am still saving some money to complete it. Like I want to get the M12 pistol holster, a couple of pistol magazine pouches, and a SAW ammunition pouch just to use as a dump pouch just so I don't lose magazines or put them back in pouches and mistake them for full ones.

No total I understand, I'm saving my cash for my gear, buying really cheap (on sale) things till I get home (Canada)

Yeah and since I buy gear from old military surplus, it makes it a heck of a lot cheaper. Although sometimes it isn't always cheap but its cheap enough.

Yeah and since I buy gear from old military surplus, it makes it a heck of a lot cheaper. Although sometimes it isn't always cheap but its cheap enough.

G.I joe's El Cajon Ca. pretty good selection
Rosebud, National City Ca ... Okay not the greatest.

DSCF0087.JPG
DSCF0087.JPG
DSCF0088.JPG
DSCF0089.JPG
DSCF0090.JPG
I apologize ahead of time if the pictures are not that great. I don't have anything to really make the vest completely go to full size.

Never liked the m12. Don't like flaps over my side arm. Send me a pm caliprepper95 on your location and we can discuss customizing your gear for cheap. I did this holster for a friend.

IMG_1976.JPG

Latest posts

Back