Ideas for bartering

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm.... may have to put an addition onto the coop and see about some quail. The woman that buys rabbits from us raises them and I can get them from her.

I would assume that they would be just as easy to clean as a chicken as well?

I have stock piled "bricks" of coffee...those 2# packages of freeze-dried coffee. There are lots of things we may have to do without when tshtf but for lots of folks, I'm thinkin coffee won't be one of them!! Freeze-dried coffee will keep forever and we are hoping to barter it for items we forgot to stock up on. Plus, my husband already plows several gardens for folks, with our horses, and should tshtf, there may be an even greater need for plowing services, plus he is a finish carpenter and can barter his fixer-man skills. I am a RN and hope to finish my Naturopath MD this year as well....so, maybe I will be able to trade medical services for items needed. When all else fails...I grew up in the Appalachian Mountains and no-one can make white liquor like my gene pool!!

Shenandoah

Lets be realistic. Insulin will not last long (short shelf life)and will only be a bartering material for a small scope of time. After that any diabetic is going to die so be prepared for that instead. In hard times the medically weak are gonna go fast. Salt YES! Black pepper corns YES!(black pepper once ground degrades in months, corns store indefinitely) Honey YES! Sugar YES! Anti biotics (vacuum seal this) YES! Learn to make vinegar YES! Learn to make alcohol YES! And skills skills skills!!!

Latest posts

Back