I need some help

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob Daniel

Reaction score
I am wondering how to convince my parents, who I am currently living with, to start prepping with anything. Doesnt have to be much, but they do not permit anyone to keep a small backpack with the main supplies necessary to survive with any collapse. They just wont listen to me, and I need some ideas on how to possibly hide my prep equipment, or how to convince them.

I am wondering how to convince my parents, who I am currently living with, to start prepping with anything. Doesnt have to be much, but they do not permit anyone to keep a small backpack with the main supplies necessary to survive with any collapse. They just wont listen to me, and I need some ideas on how to possibly hide my prep equipment, or how to convince them.
Hi Jacob,
If your folks don't want to prep and don't want you too...then I'd say don't talk to them about it anymore. Until you get your own place you'll need to keep it low key. I would just have an every day carry kit just now and when your folks think your not prepping you can think about bringing more into the house, As for hiding it....You know the lay out of your house so that's up to you. I would hope your parents respect your privacy enough so you can keep stuff in your room.

Hi Jacob,
just like Snowflake sais,keep a low profile,some of us clearly don't wanna prep,it's so much easier to ignore what's happening around us,just take it easy 'till you get your own place,then you will have more "space" to do what you feel is necessary and let it sink into your parents mind the idea of prepping,if you have strongminded parents it could take some graduall convincing,let them have the feeling that they understod the importance of prepping them self ,but whatever you do don't push it to far,good luck Jacob.
you have prepper-friends here

might also think of the natural disasters of Nayarit, Mexico.like tsunamis
earthquakes drought and storms of any kind that take place where you and your parents live..go with what snowflake and jontte suggest for now when it comes to keeping quiet about it.at least untill you've thought it out enough.or untill you have your own place..

I only know what I've seen on T.V about Mexico and it look's like it can be a rough place to live with drug lords and kidnapping....Your folks are probably worrying for your safety that's all.:)

they do not permit anyone to keep a small backpack with the main supplies necessary to survive with any collapse

Really? Weird. Other option, get a plastic storage bin, dig a hole, put your gear in the bin, bury it.

Latest posts

Back