I need opinions on gas masks!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Interstella

Reaction score
I live in an area surrounded by refineries. I think gas masks would be a wise investments for my family. However, I've seen a few DIY masks with charcoal, but is that going to be able to absorb what my area could potentially dish out? They would be much cheaper but - would I get what I paid for? Thanks in advance!

I live in an area surrounded by refineries. I think gas masks would be a wise investments for my family. However, I've seen a few DIY masks with charcoal, but is that going to be able to absorb what my area could potentially dish out? They would be much cheaper but - would I get what I paid for? Thanks in advance!

Hi Interstella, a good catch-all mask would be a North 7600 series full-face respirator with a 75SCP100 cartridge (filters everything: particulates, organic vapors, acids, gases). North also makes half-face masks (covers your nose and mouth only). Make sure you get a size that fits and seals well on your face.

If you want some day-to-day disposable face masks just to filter out particulates, the 3M 1860 N95 masks are good. I keep them stocked in my car and home. Make sure whatever disposable mask you buy says N95 on it, or else it isn't certified to filter out particles (like those rectangular surgical masks).

what about p95? p95 filters out oil based and non oil based particles and stuff. where as the n95 non oil based.

n100 or p100 are better, since they are supposed to filter up to 99% vs n95 and p95 only filter about 95%

most emt's and paramedics use n95, so if it is good enough for them, then it is good enough for us.

what about p95? p95 filters out oil based and non oil based particles and stuff. where as the n95 non oil based.

n100 or p100 are better, since they are supposed to filter up to 99% vs n95 and p95 only filter about 95%

most emt's and paramedics use n95, so if it is good enough for them, then it is good enough for us.

i agree, oil-proof and 100 is better than n95! for something disposable, n95's are good for my needs though, we get brushfires here often

Latest posts

Back