I just bought a sword and need advice

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will the sword be helpful to me

• Will the sword help me

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Will the sword not help me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prepped123

Reaction score
I just bought a nice sword should I display it or put it to where I can use it if it comes down to it.
And in other note I need to know what knifes should I use and where should I put them.
And in the last part how many miles should I be away from a city during bug out

I just bought a nice sword should I display it or put it to where I can use it if it comes down to it.
And in other note I need to know what knifes should I use and where should I put them.

I keep my sword between matress and box spring.
Definatly a good locking folder, a good sized fix blade ( survival style not necessary ) and a boot knife.
I keep a 10.00 folding straight edge in my bug out bag.
Go online to:
Kennesaw culery
Rocky Mountain Knife works

Damascus pocket knives are my favorite.

before I answer your question can you give me some info about your sword. a lot of people buy swords intending to protect themselves with them when the sword isn't fit for actual use.

who is the manufacturer?
what type of steel?
what type of sword?
if its stainless and not carbon then I'll save you from injury and tell you to hang it in a place it looks pretty.

This is an area I cannot answer on as I am not well trained with swords, but I do favor the katana.
As far as other knives Colt 1911 has quite a collection.

For me if/when I bug out I would like to get as far away as possible from any city.

Kk.png
Acually it was made from the leaf sprin of an old chevy pick up.
Watched it being made in Guanaguato Mexico in '92 by an 80 year old man.
It was cold treated ad every thing. Paid 60.0 American for it.
2 years ago I started goofing with it and am suprised at how good it feels and have beaten the crap out of it in logs at full force.
Has not chipped or broken yet. Holds an edge like a champ.
Should have bought more.

What is the secret of steel CONAN?

I would suggest backing away from hitting logs and such since the impact will cause a rolling of the edge. I would recommend studying some form of sword combat.

I would suggest backing away from hitting logs and such since the impact will cause a rolling of the edge. I would recommend studying some form of sword combat.
Oh I dont do that any more. Have had a few lessons from a friend who is very good at Kendo. Have learned to control better and forward advance techniques so far.
Thanks for the advice.

Sensai Huh?
Im honored to text with you.
I have always loved the beauty of master swordsman in action. The fluidity is better than poetry in motion.

The type of sword is a dagger type and is about a foot and a half and it has a lion on the top of it for decoration and it is made out of stainless steel. If you can give me further advice I would après hate it very much

The type of sword is a dagger type and is about a foot and a half and it has a lion on the top of it for decoration and it is made out of stainless steel. If you can give me further advice I would après hate it very much
Yalk to Onisei. He seems to be the one to speak to.

if your sword the size of a short sword then I would recommend kodachi dori techniques

if your sword the size of a short sword then I would recommend kodachi dori techniques
My sword is not my primary weapon due to its size 52" and wight.
Its just a maybe need for now. But the techniques will work with a machete as well as a sword in a pinch. Right?
Hey, Prepped123 was gonna start a conversation with you. Did he get a hold of you?

my group has started working on converting our sword techniques to machete this will be an interesting experiment.

Latest posts

Back