I had the Covid Crap and was over it before I figured out I had it.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hummer

Reaction score
Had it didn’t know I had it till I was over it

First of August or thereabouts I got tired after my five mile walks in the morning in the low to mid 90 Deg F range and started taking a nap for one to two hours in the afternoon.

I am 74 and I know lots of folks that take naps so did not think anything about it.

Then we went to Tennessee for a week and checked in on Thursday and temp was 97.1, next morning at update I was 97.4. and on Saturday I went to bed at 10, woke up at 4:00AM soaking wet and felt OK. I couldn’t figure out why. Went back to bed, woke up and 6:00. Wife said to take temp so I did using two digital thermometers and was 97.5 on one and 97.4 on the other one. Still felt OK.

On Monday AM I realized I was feeling great and went for a walk that started out with a 30 degree grade and was short of breath. I normally walk at 305 ft elevation and where I was is about 1800 feet. I had to stop 4 times and catch my breath four times in the first 100 yards of the grade. Second day I stopped twice, by 3rd day I was fine and we went out to eat

Had fried shrimp, they had no taste and I just passed it off they were old???? We were coming home next morning and at 2AM I got up for coolant offload and on a lark I pulled up CDC website and read the symptoms and had already had four of them.

On the way home we stopped for lunch and I had chicken salad and I could not taste it. Wife gave me steak, could not taste that. Had chocolate cake for dessert and could not take that.

At supper could not taste anything. Was gassing up car, splashed gas on myself and could not smell that. I went and got tested and was “100% clear”.

Three days later the diarrhea hit me hard for several days but felt fine “and cleaned out”!.

Still can’t taste anything. Guy I know has had it and hasn’t tasted anything in three months and worst I have heard so far is 7 months.

Four months previously a Doc friend I used to compete against in shooting competition wrote all his shooting buddies and said to take:

1000 MG Vitamin C

1000 MG Vitamin D3

200 MG Zinc

Daily to help combat the crud and I had bought bottles of above in 400/500 quantity for about $50.00 for over a year’s supply. Wife had been taking them as well and we were together the whole time and she had no symptoms at all and still has taste.

Saw this the other day and found it very interesting:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Dr.+C...s=n&sk=&cvid=559AD13FCF4C465F8A6D8F6EBE8EDBFD

Four months previously a Doc friend I used to compete against in shooting competition wrote all his shooting buddies and said to take:

1000 MG Vitamin C
1000 MG Vitamin D3
200 MG Zinc
Daily to help combat the crud and I had bought bottles of above in 400/500 quantity for about $50.00 for over a year’s supply.
59AD13FCF4C465F8A6D8F6EBE8EDBFD[/URL]
Without a zinc ionophore to carry the zinc across the cell wall, you are not getting the full benefit of zinc. That's one of the things hydroxychloroquine does. There are other zinc ionophores, like quercetin, which is a naturally occurring bioflavanoid and doesn't require a prescription. It's also extremely safe at dosages up to 1000 mg per day. You can get it at vitamin stores and online.
This is the one I am taking:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087YLTR4G?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

In May 2020 I got back from the grocers (nobody wore masks in those days and neither did I) and my baby-blue eyes felt itchy and had red gunk in them, here's a selfie-
red-eyeballs.jpg

and over the next week or two I had headaches, tiredness, shivering spells etc and thought it might be a touch of the flu, but the thought also crossed my mind it might be covid, so I googled around and found this list of symptoms, I've highlighted the ones I had-

Covid-19-symptoms-B.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently the virus had stuck itself to my eyeballs causing the conjunctivitis ('redeye') and used them as a beachead from where it pushed inland into the rest of my body, what cheek !

Covid-Conjunct-1.jpg

But as I never had breathlessness I didn't bother going to the doctor and decided to ride it out and all the symptoms cleared up within a week or two.
However, over the past 16 months since then I've been getting recurrent symptoms (notably chronic tiredness but not breathlessness) every few weeks, so I suppose its developed into long covid, but as there's no cure I'll just have to keep riding it out.. :cool:
Incidentally i've never been vaxed but I suppose its too late now if the virus is already in my system, in fact a vax now might trigger it into flaring up bad.

Last edited:
When the wife and I had the china flu we were sick for a few weeks. Since I was still recovering from surgery it hit me harder than it did the wife. I had shortness of breath for about 3 weeks and the wife had a persistent cough up until a couple weeks ago. Never went to the doctor. For me to drive 100+ miles to see a doctor, something has to be seriously wrong or broken.
We had it, its over, no big deal. Certainly not worth wreaking the economy over, or forced lock downs, mandatory vacines, masks or more government oppression.

Although an antibody test I took later came out negative, I am convinced I had COVID early in 2020. Way before the tests were available. At that time you had to have been to China to be qualified to get a test. At the time we didn't know that much about it and for a while I thought I had a bad flu, but after a while it became obvious that it wasn't the flu. I was in bed for 5 weeks which is way too long to recover from the flu, and had symptoms that were not flu symptoms.

When I woke up in the morning, the gunk in my eyes glued my eyelids shut and I had to run warm water over them to be able to see. It got into my ears too, and I was practically deaf for months. It also got into my sinuses which was the worst part. At first I lost taste and smell, and when it came back it was altered so much that coffee tasted terrible. And I had phantom scents similar to freshly ground pepper that were so strong it gave me nightmares. 103°F (39.4°C) fever at one point about a week in.

There are currently at least 17 covid variants out there (Sept 2021), this from the net-
"The World Health Organization has designated variants Eta, Iota, Kappa, and Lambda “variants of interest” and is tracking 13 additional variants"

What a mess, because for full protection people will need to have 17 separate jabs (one for each variant) plus boosters, and probably more jabs as new mutations keep coming..:)

covid-variants.jpg

PS- I almost forgot to add another of my symptoms to the list, namely "covid rashes" on the backs of my hands and the inside of my knees which only showed up over a year after the original infection, but at least they don't itch or irritate me..:)

https://covid.joinzoe.com/us-post/skin-rash-covid

Last edited:
There are currently at least 17 covid variants out there (Sept 2021), this from the net-
"The World Health Organization has designated variants Eta, Iota, Kappa, and Lambda “variants of interest” and is tracking 13 additional variants"

What a mess, because for full protection people will need to have 17 separate jabs (one for each variant) plus boosters, and probably more jabs as new mutations keep coming..:)

covid-variants.jpg

PS- I almost forgot to add another of my symptoms to the list, namely "covid rashes" on the backs of my hands and the inside of my knees which only showed up over a year after the original infection, but at least they don't itch or irritate me..:)

https://covid.joinzoe.com/us-post/skin-rash-covid

Well you got full protection now! 13 times as much as the experimental doubt dose!

Although an antibody test I took later came out negative, I am convinced I had COVID early in 2020. Way before the tests were available. At that time you had to have been to China to be qualified to get a test. At the time we didn't know that much about it and for a while I thought I had a bad flu, but after a while it became obvious that it wasn't the flu. I was in bed for 5 weeks which is way too long to recover from the flu, and had symptoms that were not flu symptoms.

When I woke up in the morning, the gunk in my eyes glued my eyelids shut and I had to run warm water over them to be able to see. It got into my ears too, and I was practically deaf for months. It also got into my sinuses which was the worst part. At first I lost taste and smell, and when it came back it was altered so much that coffee tasted terrible. And I had phantom scents similar to freshly ground pepper that were so strong it gave me nightmares. 103°F (39.4°C) fever at one point about a week in.

How much later you take your antibody test? Thinking of having it done. Is there different kinds that will show the longer term protection, or be less time sensitive?

My wife and I had covid when it first started , we were safe until all those people came upstate out of the city (nyc). We had a very mild case , but we both still have breathing problems and ongoing problems with apatite and tiredness.

How much later you take your antibody test? Thinking of having it done. Is there different kinds that will show the longer term protection, or be less time sensitive?
It was about 2 months after I got over it before I could find a place that did an antibody test. The only thing they said was "negative."

My Doc asked if I wanted a antibody test and I said sure. They drew the sample, sent it to Cleveland Clinic and reportedly they lost it. I have an extremely rare name, not something like Jones, Smith etc. I am thinking somebody dumped it in trash can and I had to go give another sample.

I had read that the local blood banks were wanting those that had recovered as donors for their antibodies so I went down and the one I gave at said they had quit asking for donors in March but they might start back so I left my name/email as I knew they would test all submissions.
I am willing to help folks but.......................................

Dr. Henley, see you are in Columbus. I used to live across the river in PC in what was known as the Ladonia district and worked at the fort.

Last edited:
Dr. Henley, see you are in Columbus. I used to live across the river in PC in what was known as the Ladonia district and worked at the fort.
Nearly everyone at the company I worked for was from "across the river" LOL. There is actually a huge cultural divide at the Chattahoochie. Real Southerners on the Alabama side. Not-so-real Southerners on the Georgia side. Being from Mississippi, it was comforting to work with mostly real Southerners, LOL.

I drive to Ladonia to buy gas. It's much cheaper there for some reason. And it's on the way to the range I belong to in Crawford so I pass through Ladonia a lot.

Don't remember range at Crawford but we left the area in 94 and came home to SC. A guy in our church let me make a range on his property about a mile from my house when we lived on Bayview Dr. He had a power line right of way and gave me a key to the gate and I set up a 200 yard range on the right of way. I had 100 yards at my house on Bayview Drive.
Where we live now I have a 3X5 Stars and Bars flying and sometimes I fly a Secession Banner. LIfe Member SCV and SC Div.Past Camp and Brigade Cmdr.

I carry a bottle of Stevia Liquid and that makes coffee bearable. Iced tea was a favorite but now I can just shoot Stevia into water and it tastes exactly like iced tea when Stevia is added so I save a couple bucks by just ordering water and giving it four shots of Stevia.

Still can't smell gasoline, diesel fuel, chocolate, barbecue, etc etc etc. I also walk five miles in the AM unless something is going to happen early and there is no time. I have a measured 5 miles at home and it akes me 100 to 102 minutes to do five miles. That is followed by a work out with 35 lb kettlebell and occasional 50 lbs kettlebell carries.

I had a sore come up next to my nose that filled with pus. I drained it and it came right back and filled again and I drained it and then it cleared up. Also had a blood blister pop up on left hand. I drained it and it cleared up totally in about 10 days. Those were the only skin issues I had.

Latest posts

Back