HVP's DIY First Aid Kit

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy folks,

Being a prepper, to me is more than just having the best gadgets, buying the best things etc etc. Being a family guy, a massive part to my prepping is doing things on a budget. Kids still need to eat and all.

So, in saying this apart from my weapons, ammo and a few other bits, all my preps are infact done on a budget. The latest DIY is my first aid kit.

Still very much a WIP and very early days. But i thought id share it. Latest addition was the zip lock bags, in which i placed all the items to keep them dry and hopefully sterile for longer.

1017148_414039368709437_2109173983_n.jpg

because of the case/box...i guess thats either staying home,or going into the bug out vehicle.and it looks like your getting there with it..i've got diffrent apps on my nook.andi been useing the diffrent things in it to type out into word pad so i can copy n paste that info here in the forum.this might be the topic for it..

I switched over to a tool box a few years ago. Much simpler to find stuff in a hurry when needed. I got a yellow one and everyone knows that's "The Box".
One thing to think about getting is an Israeli Bandage and a CAT tourniquet. I carry them both in my BOB and personal vehicles as well as my work car.
If you can only get one or the other, get the Israeli Bandage. Its a great piece of equipment. I attached a link on what it is and how to use it.

i have a first aid app on my nook.and this is what they list

medicines

suture kit

tarp

thermometers disposal

thermometer digital

tongue depressors

toothbrush

hot pack reusable

cold pack reusable

tweezers

scissors bandage

scissors foldable

scissors surgical

knife

water filter

shaving razor disposable

recording portable device

respiratory mask

snake bit kit

nail clipper

microscope 30x

swiss army knife

HVP, can you do a list breakdown of what is in the kit?

thermometers disposal

thermometer digital

Why would you need both?

tongue depressors

Maybe as a makeshift finger splint or something...but not for the usual reason.

toothbrush

?

hot pack reusable
cold pack reusable

How are either "reusable" in a survival situation?

shaving razor disposable
recording portable device

nail clipper

?

microscope 30x

Why on Earth?

thermometers disposal thermometer digital,i guess someone figured that their needed ...hot pack reusable and cold pack reusable.unless a person is camping at a campground,and with access to whats needed.like microwave and ice. microscope 30x,for microbiologist? i guess..lol..but then .thats whats in the app,for some reason..

Latest posts

Back