Hurricanes!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1598496047335.png

The last sunset.... Cameron, Louisiana #HurricaneLaura (Cam time is EDT)
This was on twitter post an hour ago.

“Don’t dial 911. No one’s going to answer”
“You are on your own,” he said. “What we cannot do, and as mayor what I will not do, is put any of these people in harm’s way just because of a person deciding they weren’t going to leave and they’re going to ride it out. I have no problem with that. Just know it’s going to be between you and God. OK? That’s all I can say.”
- Port Arthur Mayor Thurman Bartie

We are just now experiencing the hurricane force winds and can hear the wind whistle outside. Hunny and I went on the back deck to just check everything out and noticed that for whatever reason 2 of the freezers had come unplugged/ Glad it was noticed since 1 was our big freezer and the other our small (medium sized) chest freezer.

It seems that we dodged a serious bullet here. Never even lost power here (so far, knock on wood). It's not over, but we are on the backside now it seems, thankfully. Had to keep busy cleaning house along with making cookies and breakfast for dinner since I didn't eat until this morning. Been up since 3:30 so I'm tired. . . I will most likely stay up for another hour but going to sleep soon now that the worst is over.

It seems that we dodged a serious bullet here. Never even lost power here (so far, knock on wood). It's not over, but we are on the backside now it seems, thankfully. Had to keep busy cleaning house along with making cookies and breakfast for dinner since I didn't eat until this morning. Been up since 3:30 so I'm tired. . . I will most likely stay up for another hour but going to sleep soon now that the worst is over.
Glad you faired well there, only hope more areas did too.

My family in Beaumont texted in this morning, no house damage but do have have property damage and lot of clean up.

They lost power around 2:15am, my youngest sister will stay and help clean up one more night before heading back home and check there place, they are one block from the beach but the house is on 14 foot stilts. My brother n law told me this morning when he built the place he framed the house out of 2x6 with hurricane straps, the roof has 1 inch CDX plywood that are bolted down in stress areas and also used hurricane straps and tornado anchors, he thinks the house should be ok.

Thank God it wasn't what they expected. It's hard to get info on the news because they are looking under every rock for any kind of damage they can find and not reporting on places that got spared, which is what I want to know. They are showing things like limbs and windows that broke. I think every shingle that has blown off has been on TV.

Latest posts

Back