Hurricanes!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the looks of the highway this morning and afternoon, a lot of people here are riding this storm out. Honestly I dont think it is a wise move. I have to being a first responder and critter reponsiblities. If it wasnt for that, I would probably be out of here too with it being a 3. I didn't get a chance to see the main Interstate to see what the traffic looked like since I dont come too close and not going out of my way, but when we hit it tonight to go to son 4s house it was clear both ways almost.

My brother is hunkering down in SE Lake Charles. Niece’s husband works SWAT/K9. He’s staying also. I’m in Tyler, Tx. Got chain saw ready in case we lose trees. We have LOTS.
Y’all be safe and courteous.
lots of pines up your way. Be safe! Hunny has his chainsaw ready to go too sitting on the back porch right now, but will be coming inside.

It's 9:30 here in Robertson Co TX, north and west of Houston, and outer bands of rain are falling now...gettin' a good rain, and Laura hasn't hit yet. I'm out in the country, and word I'm gettin' is traffic is a nightmare on Hwy 6. So' I'm sittin' tight right here. Yall be safe, keep us all posted, and God Bless!

My youngest sister and her family left the coast line West of Port Arthur to stay with her older sister in Northwest Beaumont. She called this morning questioning her husband decision, she wanted to go to Houston originally lol, I told her least you're not on the dirty end of business with this storm. They are prepared for power outages and got enough provisions to last them a while, talked to my brother n law and he took his large construction trailer and has chainsaws, 20 sheets of plywood, 14 20x20 tarps etc.., he also put his chest freezer with all there meat in the trailer when they left there home, when they pulled in yesterday he left the trailer hooked up to the truck and used the anchor rings in the driveway concrete to strap down the trailer with hurricane straps.

Mom started texting me this morning around 5:30 saying she was worried and she loves me. Then says how positive and strong I am. After hunny got up I was reading him out texting. When I got to that part, he just laughs. He knows me well. I talk and text one thing but on the inside I am dreading what is to come. . .

She is already talking about me checking up on her house. Last time hunny still was working and had his patrol car that we were able to take no problem. We don't have that now that he is retired and she is not right down the road. They always have road blocks. It was 10 days before they let people back into the area after Rits.

My youngest sister and her family left the coast line West of Port Arthur to stay with her older sister in Northwest Beaumont. She called this morning questioning her husband decision, she wanted to go to Houston originally lol, I told her least you're not on the dirty end of business with this storm. They are prepared for power outages and got enough provisions to last them a while, talked to my brother n law and he took his large construction trailer and has chainsaws, 20 sheets of plywood, 14 20x20 tarps etc.., he also put his chest freezer with all there meat in the trailer when they left there home, when they pulled in yesterday he left the trailer hooked up to the truck and used the anchor rings in the driveway concrete to strap down the trailer with hurricane straps.
My sis was wanting me to drive to her house in Sugarland. All of her husband's side of the family went to bed house.

Latest posts

Back