Hurricane Sally

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I’m only 64” tall! Hard to imagine a years worth of rain in just days. I just recently bought two kayaks and am thinking they could be prepping supplies vs toys.....
Yes they very well could be considered that! With hunny giving away our boat that we kept at the house to son 3, we have kayaks out in the barn for back up. I really dont ever expect to have to use them, but it is an option if need be.

Sally was kind to us, thank heaven.
Here is about the worst of it. I took this video out the front door at close to midnight, the radar map was from about that time. You can see Columbus is in a gap between outer bands. The weather service said the winds were 58 mph sustained with gusts up to 67, but it was nowhere near that strong at ground level. The rain may have been heavier than that at times, but every time I went out to check it was either like that or lighter.

We got a lot of rain north of Atlanta and some gusty winds today but it has already moved out and is just overcast now. When I was south of Atlanta today we actually drove out of the rain for a while. My creeks are full and rushing but no damage anywhere. Always thankful when things aren’t as bad as they could have been.

Latest posts

Back