hunting rifle green light

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emp proof

Reaction score
I was amazed earlier and need to share, a mate of mine has a 17hmr or 17hm2 and some 223s small I know but good for foxes and rabbits, anyway he has just fitted a light to one of his rifles, the light from it is green and is a part of the spectrum that either some or most animals can not see, he demonstrated this to me by illuminating a badger and then a fox, and to my suprise they did not react at all, we could see them plain as day and they didn't have a clue, it is a laser beam that isn't focused to a small point just a big circle , the beam is completely focusable so you can iluminate a perfect circle exactly the size of your view through the scope, I like lamping and hunting in the night just as much as in the day, my friend enjoyed taking the piss out of me for not knowin animals can't see green but I just didn't lol and it just occurred to me that it could be the difference between dinner and no dinner so thaught I'd share

Its a 17hmr , little rim fire jobby hahha smashes foxes though hahhaa

He hit a fox and we couldn't find it, I instantly lost faith in the caliber, his whippet couldn't find it too, but we went back first light and there he was headshot dropped exactly where he was shot but on the night for some wild reason we couldn't find it lol, my faith as that round as acurate and deadly was restored lol

That's funny my dog can see green really good I didn't know animals can't see green.

Maybe its just the part of the spectrum it uses? I don't know maybe just foxes and badgers? I don't hunt dogs lolol

I just did a bit of googling and it says that different filters can stop some animals seein the light but theyl definately see white light because white is all the spectrum, obv like how our ears can't hear some frequencies that dogs can, (very high frequency) must work the same with frequency's of light waves too, its quite amazing and like I said could be the difference between dinner and no dinner

Maybe its just the part of the spectrum it uses? I don't know maybe just foxes and badgers? I don't hunt dogs lolol
Not yet at least when times are tuff dog-E-Q might just sound good even tho I would not eat my own dog I think I could eat others.

Just been out shootin again, I asked my mate everything about it, and said what you said about dogs, he said he thinks that the red filters are visible to the animals but for some reason doesn't startle them, and according to him the green is invisible to some creatures and if visible to others doesn't startle them again, its so strange because I'm used to using normal lamps and its strange to iluminate them and they don't immediately bolt for the hedge they just sit there waitin for they're turn to receive a 17hmr lolol

My mate hit a rabbit at 260ish yards with the 17hmr hahaha 2clicks left and 2 up on the scope I think, cracking shot

Yeah man they're pretty cool lol, so quiet from my mates silenced CZ and recoilless

I was amazed earlier and need to share, a mate of mine has a 17hmr or 17hm2 and some 223s small I know but good for foxes and rabbits, anyway he has just fitted a light to one of his rifles, the light from it is green and is a part of the spectrum that either some or most animals can not see, he demonstrated this to me by illuminating a badger and then a fox, and to my suprise they did not react at all, we could see them plain as day and they didn't have a clue, it is a laser beam that isn't focused to a small point just a big circle , the beam is completely focusable so you can iluminate a perfect circle exactly the size of your view through the scope, I like lamping and hunting in the night just as much as in the day, my friend enjoyed taking the piss out of me for not knowin animals can't see green but I just didn't lol and it just occurred to me that it could be the difference between dinner and no dinner so thaught I'd share

Just baught some new optics
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354716915.868974.jpg

Baught 2 rifles too just high end air guns u guys won't b Interested realy, but my logic was that I can get rabbits with em and the rounds work out to a penny each £5 for 500 pellets 2.2 caliber ,, gonna zero in the scopes and take em out later hopefully should have some pics of some rabbits later

Latest posts

Back