Howdy

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You be a high plains drover?

…or a High Plains Drifter?

tumblr_me4qe0Axzs1qlkt4ho1_500.gifv

I'm medically retired these days. But I currently have a small chicken farm. I also raise a vegetable garden every year. I bought a green house and am going to experiment with winter gardening this year.

I spent the majority of my life as a General Contractor business owner. When my health started to fail me I went into restaurant management for my last 10 years or so. That's a story for later lol.
Phil it’s good that you have taken up gardening it be a most relaxing way to unwind with your medical condition. Though the running of restaurant management be much stressful . Nice to know your drifting days be over : ) Best you become the customer and enjoy the wining and dining of good food that such restaurants have to offer.

Last edited:
I only have 14 right now. One White Leghorn rooster, 7 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Barred Rocks and 4 Black Australia's. Those are my layers.
I'm getting ready to order 10 or 20 Cornish Cross male for meat birds. They would be ready to butcher in about 3 months time.
Great I have 20. Had 25 until the Raccoon and possum got them last week. 18 hens and 2 roos.

Buff Orpington, Speckled Sussex, Barred Rock, CooCoo Marin, Rhode Island Red, Wyandotte, and a couple that hatched on site. the roos are Langshan

Latest posts

Back