Howdy from Texas south plains

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Painless

Reaction score
Hi y'all. Just checking in as a new member to the site. Electrician, father of 3 girls ages 11-15, married for 17 years. Grew up here (between Lubbock & Clovis), moved to the Colorado mountains (Breckenridge) for 19 years. Got married there (to a girl from south Florida) and wound up moving back here to be closer to family. Been doing this prepping thing since the early 80's, in one form or another, and living a more-or-less self-sufficient lifestyle since I was a kid. We always had a garden, plus we usually kept bees, rabbits, chickens and always hunted & fished. Mom canned lots of food as does my wife now. We go to church where I went when I was growing up (not that I ever really grew up ;) ) and are fortunate that several of our friends and other members of our church are aware of things that are going on and are, therefore, involved in prepping as well. I like guns and shooting!
Cheers!!

family bluebonnets.jpg

Last edited:
howdy from a texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

Hi y'all. Just checking in as a new member to the site. Electrician, father of 3 girls ages 11-15, married for 17 years. Grew up here (between Lubbock & Clovis), moved to the Colorado mountains (Breckenridge) for 19 years. Got married there (to a girl from south Florida) and wound up moving back here to be closer to family. Been doing this prepping thing since the early 80's, in one form or another, and living a more-or-less self-sufficient lifestyle since I was a kid. We always had a garden, plus we usually kept bees, rabbits, chickens and always hunted & fished. Mom canned lots of food as does my wife now. We go to church where I went when I was growing up (not that I ever really grew up ;) ) and are fortunate that several of our friends and other members of our church are aware of things that are going on and are, therefore, involved in prepping as well. I like guns and shooting!
Cheers!!

View attachment 5041
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back