Howdy from North Carolina

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavyRocket

Reaction score
New to the forums here, not so new prepper. Really glad I found this site, and really hope to make the most of it. I currently live on the coast of N.C, but wanting to move North Eastern part of N.C in the mountains one day soon.

Awesome, any particular reason for the N.C. mountains? I am heading for the "hills" myself soon, N.H. from NYC.

Main reason is the woods, the other reason I need to get far enough away from the ocean due to possible tsunami (300+ miles away). Plus I just love being in the mountains/woods. Although not really "mountains" here considering I've hiked mountains in Colorado years ago. Just really tall hills here ha ha.

That's cool, tsunami's never really were on my mind. Are you a big lowland cuisine guy? That is what I would miss, all that great shellfish and seafood :) Yeah, I am Cantonese and big on seafood, did a paper on rice and the Gullah culture too.

howdy davy glad you joined us here.moveing to the hill and woods is a great idea..espcilly if not to many folks go there when shtf happens..

To be honest, I am really not a beach/tropical guy. Yes the beach is nice, but when you go to the same beach over and over again, it always looks the same. Being in the woods/mountains is always something new to find . It's always an adventure being in the woods. One of the other problems we are facing is, the ocean waters is rising. There is some parts of the beach here we can no longer really go to because low tide is now to far in, when high tide comes in, the streets close by always floods. Where I live I believe we are only 30 feet above the ocean. When Hurricane Sandy was making it's way up here I was more concerned about 30+ storm swells I had read about. Luckily we only had minimal flooding.

Davy
Fear not to seek truth, For truth has no fear - Me

If you give up Liberty for a little security, you deserve neither freedom, nor safety - Benjamin Franklin

Welcome to the forum Davy. We've been dealing with flooding out here in Missouri lately, so I understand the need for being in the hills. We live in the bluffs above the river, so our place is safe from the big river, but we do have a creek that runs through our land that floods and so far we've lost a fence line and a good chunk of bank this year to the flooding.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I use to live in St Charles MO. Close to the Tenn river. I have not heard if that area was flooded or not. Mother nature these last few years has really been getting worse. Now we are in hurricane season, and just had our first tropical storm. Was not bad, but dumped a lot of rain. I just wonder what the next will bring us.

Davy
Fear not to seek truth, For truth has no fear - Me

If you give up Liberty for a little security, you deserve neither freedom, nor safety - Benjamin Franklin

We were through there last week for a doctor's appointment and yeah, they've been seeing some flooding as well. Nothing is as bad as it got in '93, but I don't know that it is all over yet. We still can't get to one town the normal route because it's still underwater.

New to the forums here, not so new prepper. Really glad I found this site, and really hope to make the most of it. I currently live on the coast of N.C, but wanting to move North Eastern part of N.C in the mountains one day soon.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back