How To Turn A Beer Can Into The Only Camping Stove You'll Ever Need

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fun to make and play with but it would never go in my GHB, I would recommend esbit fuel tablets with a pocket stove. BULLET PROOF you can not go wrong with this set up. Even if your tablets get crushed you still have a fuel source. I do not think you can do that with a spilled container of denatured alcohol. Lets say your stove gets crushed what then ? Tablets burn on anything anywhere and I sure as hell could improvise a stove.
I agree with the only down side to the can stove is it is a single fuel source. It's still an awesome thing to know about, but I want everything I depend on to have multiple ways to operate.

I strictly use this set up for a GHB , so long term or more than a day or two it's going to suck. My main point is how versatile the tablets are. That being said this is what I carry " food wise " in a GHB . To be honest I don't plan on cooking, if walking in the worst conditions I am no more than a half a day away.
View attachment 2123
Like the heat and eat items. What are the gummy worm looking things in the plastic bag?

tbh, I took a small hibachi grill out of one (just the metal grill part) and stuck it in my bag, because its flat it doesn't take up too much room and its not that heavy. ive seen joke meme's on FB that actually look somewhat useful, where a person used a shopping cart and started a fire under it lol.....not my first grill choice, but feasible.

tbh, I took a small hibachi grill out of one (just the metal grill part) and stuck it in my bag, because its flat it doesn't take up too much room and its not that heavy. ive seen joke meme's on FB that actually look somewhat useful, where a person used a shopping cart and started a fire under it lol.....not my first grill choice, but feasible.
Yeah always look for multiple uses from things. I had a small cast iron grill for years, a little heavy but compact. It was probably an antique when I got it and I've never seen anything like it since. Anyways it cracked when I was rinsing it off in a creek, I thought it was cool enough. Thought wrong! A small stainless one would be more durable, and lighter.

I took the actual grill (the thing you put your hamburgers on). theres no way in hell an actual grill would be light enough or needed for me. I figure I could put it directly on hot ambers n cook, or make a make-shift holder on top of a camp fire if I need one. then I could put meat etc on the grill, or pots/pans etc.

Latest posts

Back