How To Steal A Car Post-SHTF

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
*********WARNING**********
Stealing cars (Grand Theft Auto - California Penal Code 487) is a felony in most states to steal a car(s). DO NOT DO THIS! The only reason for this thread, is a post-doomsday scenario, in which there would be no law, and one may need to in order to survive post-SHTF.
PLEASE DO NOT STEAL CARS! If you do use this thread to "boost" a car you do so at your own risk, and Doomsday Prepper Forums.com is NOT and will NOT be held responsible for your actions, imprisonment, or any bodily injury up to and including death.
Thank You!

now that we have that out of the way.
If post-SHTF, you find your survival can only be obtained is by the use of someone unknown to you's car this is how you can do it:

i only know how its done on the older cars, i dont know how to hotwire.

find an older car, i recomend a domestic 90's or before for this method. i would also recommend a raised pick-up truck with Micky thompson tires, but one can only be so lucky as for some dummy to abandon such a vehicle lol.

anyway, hop into the car....... wait its locked? you dont want to make noise because people may be around pillaging?
OK first step, find a spark plug (LOL not from the vehicle your attempting to steal) and smash it on the ground. (spark plugs are made of porciline) pick up several pieces and throw them at the door window, what will happen is it'll spiderweb, then just push it in. (if your inna hurry, obviously just smash the door window in with a rock, or your clothed elbow)

Ok now your in.
the one actual tool you'll need is a medium size, durable flathead screwdriver, or those keychain crowbars Colt or Clyde posted a thread about (HA i found a reason to buy it LOL).
ok the stearing wheel should be round, and have a rim about mid-way down on the left side. stick your screwdriver in that rim and break it down about 1" or so untill you see a spring attatched to a slide piece. take the spring off, its of no use to you (unless you wanna keep it for your bug gear).
use the screwdriver to pull the slide piece to you, it may take a little effort to pull it up, but if the vehicle works and has gas/fuel it should have just started the car/truck.
ok but the stearing wheel just locked?
ok theres a few ways you can bypass this:
1. if your a bigger person like myself (6'2 233lbs just to clarify) that has some weight, then lean to the right, position your left foot so you can push on one of the cross shaft of the stearing wheel, and pull down on the wheel with your hands inna clock ways motion, use you weight n legs to break the stearing lock.
once you get past this you should be clear to go.
2. theres a tool called a "dent puller" its usually a long tube or a long fat screw, that a big round weight on the end will slide up and down on. hook it to the right side of the wheel and use that weight to slam down until the wheel lock breaks and you should be able to drive away.
3. steps 2 n 3 are for the smaller, less weighty people.
in this one, hopefully you have a friend and both of you work together to break the stearing lock as mentioned in step 1.
as matter of fact i would strongly recommend this be a 2 person job to begin with, that way while your stealing the car, you have a look-out to watch your back incase some gang is making its rounds.

if by chance theres an alarm on the car, the last thing you want is for those roaming gangs to hear too much of it. so pop the hood before you do anything and use a pocket knife to chop the wires from the horn. the horn will look like a plasic or medal snail shell, cut all the wires that lead to it and the alarm should stop.

again people, please do not go out and steal cars! in California, i believe the minumum sentence is 1 year of prison time, and is prison really where youd wanna be if all the sudden SHTF?

if you really wish to practice, and not on your own car, go to a pick n pull car wreckage yard and try it out, however, i doubt the car will actually start at a wreckage yard.

Good Luck, n keep outta trouble!

*********WARNING**********
Stealing cars (Grand Theft Auto - California Penal Code 487) is a felony in most states to steal a car(s). DO NOT DO THIS! The only reason for this thread, is a post-doomsday scenario, in which there would be no law, and one may need to in order to survive post-SHTF.
PLEASE DO NOT STEAL CARS! If you do use this thread to "boost" a car you do so at your own risk, and Doomsday Prepper Forums.com is NOT and will NOT be held responsible for your actions, imprisonment, or any bodily injury up to and including death.
Thank You!

Latest posts

Back