how to start prepping in south africa

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pyro1978

Reaction score
Hi there guys how to start prepping in south africa and all over when we fear almost everything. busted and broke is how we start one baby step at a time.

First things first in south africa the water supply is fickle we sit without water for days at and end specially in my part of port elizabeth south africa.

So i have collected empty water containers a 100lt per flushing toilet in my house i will be bugging in. i have old folks who wouldn`t survive the trek if need be.

Two 30000lt water tanks collecting rainwater i just use this for the washing at the moment need to reroute all my plumbing and piping to support my place of residence. when there is know water i just sterilze my rainwater with some purification tablets for drinking it is quite a mission to do this so i will cchange my plumbing soon

My emergency transport if need be won`t go far but it will get me home if need be.so i can be with my family when the shits hts the fan

Most of the preppers I have heard from in SA talk about water . Boiling is my prefered method of purifacation . The pitcher type filters are good also as is the life straw for emergancy use . Iv always considered fresh rain water good to go but after even sitting for a few hours in hot weather it can be tainted . Here in TN U.S.A we have a good suply of water from wells , streamsand creeks , river and lakes . But purifing is the key to not getting sick . Pre SHTF we have the County water filtration system just turn on the faucet .

You aint addressing the water issue unless you have some high quality gravity filters with silver ceramic filter candles, British Berkfield and Big Berky for example, especially on a hot continent with loads of nasty bugs like Africa.

Hi there michael you`re plan sounds good. i use the aq tabs perfect for sterilising water and it gives our water a good taste to it as well i have tabs to filter out a 1000000 liters of water at the moment

My next prep i started working on was a battery back i have 70 deepcycle batteries at the moment charging of the grid for when dear old eskom wants to loadshead. they`re is enough power stored in my battery back to last six months solar is still to expensive to install still saving up for that. my batteries are runnig of a simple inverter setup to convert power back to my appliances. i am still going to add 30 more deep cycle batteries that gives me 9 months worth of uninterrupted power.

I took it easy after that thinking i was safe and well planned for then a idiot brokke my window didn`t steal anything because of my home made burglars bars that got me busy again. so how do i protect my windows when bugging in i thought well a simple plan was always the best. but it eluded me so while watching tv a mate switch over and watch doomsday preppers it is a excellant show i they used hardboard for closing windows i did same but mine is sanwiched together almost 10 cm thick fits nicely in the windows and let all the air in we need and light at the top.

Latest posts

Back