How to Make your own Boullion Cubes

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danil54grl

Top Poster
Reaction score
If you raise your own chickens or beef you can make your own bouillons.. If you want to make your own but don't raise any animals, use the parts from what meats with bones and joints you buy.

Basically, every time you butcher an animal, or cook store bought, save all your bones, knuckles, joints, etc.

Put them back in your freezer until you get enough to fill at least a 5 quart or stock pot.. Keep the chicken, beef, turkey, etc all separate though.

Add water and bring to rolling boil. Then cover it, turn it down real low and let it simmer all day. Pretty much till the bones are almost mush or you can speed this up by a pressure cooker.

After you turn it off and let it sit to cool down a little bit, strain the liquid.

Put your liquid in a container and put it in the fridge.

The next day, there will be layer of 'jelly' on top. That's what you want. The thick jelly on top.

Skim that off with what ever utensil works best for you.

Add ALOT of salt.
Add alot of herbs, fresh are actually better.
add some onion powder, alot.
add alot of garlic powder.
you pretty much add to it any thing like that you want, but just remember that this is supposed to be concentrated, so, the more the merrier.

Mix it all up until you have a really thick paste.

Roll it out, or pat it out, whatever works for you and DEHYDRATE it. You can even roll it in little balls, or cut into little cubes first, but it will shrink so make them a good size.
Or, after it dries, you can just crush or crumble it all up. Whatever you want or works for you.

Now you can use your oven or food dehydrator.

After it is dry, as dry as you want, just store it. Mine has kept for over a year in plastic container in the cabinet. No mold or souring or anything. The drying preserves it.

This is great, thank you! We raise chickens and I can definitely do this.
Me too! I want to use as much of what had to sacrifice it's life for my survival. If I don't need bullion, then it is made into bone meal for the garden. Most people 'waste' what they have or can do and do not want to take the time it takes to do things on their own and not just simply buy it. Glad that it can be useful for ya

Latest posts

Back