How to Make a 60 lb PVC longbow for less than $10

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool bow!
i want the scope! lol.
also remember, if your inna pinch and post-shtf, you need to make one of these, you can dig in the front/back yard of houses and dig up the sprinkler line which is usually made of 3/4"(main line) and 1/2"(field line) pipe.
nice one, good idea

Hi, first - what a simple and effective concept, thanks for sharing it. I was wondering about the long term durability of the bow. PVC isn't intended to flex repeatedly, so I'm wondering how it holds up with repeat use and exposure to the sun?

Hi, first - what a simple and effective concept, thanks for sharing it. I was wondering about the long term durability of the bow. PVC isn't intended to flex repeatedly, so I'm wondering how it holds up with repeat use and exposure to the sun?

Pretty cool huh ! I have to make one still.

i think i stated this somewhere, but:

remembrr also, post-shtf, anyone with lawn sprinklers (damn near everyone) has the pvc you need to make this bow. usually, the main line will be 3/4 pvc, while out in the field its 1/2.
what im sayen here is, the pvc needed to make this bow will be quite easy to find (with a bit of digging lol) post-shtf, a damn good thing to remember if you find yourself weaponless.

ahh now thats a question!

theres a few different ways, hrres a couple:

animal tendons (snew)

or, you can peel bark from the tree, and with the green wood underneath, use your knife to peel large strands, bout 1" thick if you can, then seperate them into smaller strands, then braid them and let them somewhat dry. good for tying stuff too like rafts, beds, tee-pees, shelter etc.

oh lol, i thought you ment IF you didnt have anything.

kite string, paracord, braided thread, fishing line etc.

cheers colt am defo gonna give this a try, due to crappy uk gun laws i was thinking of getting a bow but prices put me off. is there a vid anywhere about making your own arrows?

cheers colt am defo gonna give this a try, due to crappy uk gun laws i was thinking of getting a bow but prices put me off. is there a vid anywhere about making your own arrows?
let me see what I can find when I get on a PC

two words "flea markets and yard sales" .

shit,, scratch that,, five words

ive used small dowel rods that you buy at home depot for quick crossbow bolts.

Latest posts

Back