How to bug out with a young child?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haloray

Reaction score
My son is 1 year 6 months and wondering how I could start training him for a just in case scenario. I could not imagine having to leave my home and carrying him along, deal with his fussiness and keeping him close at all times. Not to mention sanitation with diaper changes. What about his sensitive skin and developing immune system? SO much to worry about, I am still working on his bug out bag since as he grows his needs change. Any suggestions or advice?

when it comes time to train make a game outta it. like lets see whose faster at getting our bag ready so we can get ice cream, for vitamens go with the flinstones im 24 and still take them lol, if you bug out get a battery operated gameboy from a pawn shop and a couple games for the car ride (if you dirve) and bring your son camping so this way he gets use to being outside and living outta tent. its hard to find things ment for just children seeing most preppers are early 30s on up so there children are older and understand better. just have to use your mind is all and good luck

like gman suggested.make a game out of practice bug outs.winner gets a treat.and if you take him on camping trips.make sure thier places he will enjoy a hole lot.take hikes on hikeing trails and other places..maybe some game trails..trips to the parks.take a bug out bag each of these trips..might even go with just snacks and drinks that both of you enjoy at first..then start adding things that yall would actully take as well.be it first aid or some thing else thats light whight enough for him.i've heard that a bug out bag should whigh no more the 1/4 the persons whight..and means you need to plan well on the bug out bags.mainly his,on acount he will tire more easly n quiekly then you will.

thank you for the suggestions, I think a few of them will have to wait till he is a little older since he is still a little more on the infant side than a toddler. but we will most certainly go camping especially since the weather is finally being nice :)

oh yeah..my primary concern is my mom.my mom has arthritis,bursitis,degenerative bone structure,and high blood pressure.plus she don't have any cartridge left in between any 2 bones.2 titanium wedges in her lower spine..knee replacement on both knees.and as of September of 2011 we learned she has type 2 diabetes..so i have my dubts about a bug out for us..

oh yeah..my primary concern is my mom.my mom has arthritis,bursitis,degenerative bone structure,and high blood pressure.plus she don't have any cartridge left in between any 2 bones.2 titanium wedges in her lower spine..knee replacement on both knees.and as of September of 2011 we learned she has type 2 diabetes..so i have my dubts about a bug out for us..
sorry to hear about that, if i was in your situation id make my place into fort knoxs.

great idea.but limited on what i can do here.and there's nehbours in the area i dont trust any more then i pick up this house and throw it.one good thing about bugging in thoe.i have a good view of the area seeing how it's open area on all 4 sides.and that'll let me see if anyone is comeing or not..

great idea.but limited on what i can do here.and there's nehbours in the area i dont trust any more then i pick up this house and throw it.one good thing about bugging in thoe.i have a good view of the area seeing how it's open area on all 4 sides.and that'll let me see if anyone is comeing or not..
I hope she is as comfortable as possible with all that... poor thing, sorry to hear that, you must have your hands full. :(

ahhh some what..but then again.what can i say? she's my mom.and im glad to do for her.like right now.im bakeig pork ribs.and i'll fix mashed potatos and some thing else with um.mmmmmm yummy..:)

ahhh some what..but then again.what can i say? she's my mom.and im glad to do for her.like right now.im bakeig pork ribs.and i'll fix mashed potatos and some thing else with um.mmmmmm yummy..:)
I must admit I am vegetarian (till SHTF) but that sounds sooOOooOOoo good :) And I am very very close with my mother as well.

id starve if i was a vegetarain..LOL..glad to hear that your close to your mom.i dont want to sound old or what ever.but not to many people young as you are are close to either parent..but then again i prolly wasnt either at your age..lol..you sure you aint dorthy? LOL

id starve if i was a vegetarain..LOL..glad to hear that your close to your mom.i dont want to sound old or what ever.but not to many people young as you are are close to either parent..but then again i prolly wasnt either at your age..lol..you sure you aint dorthy? LOL
Ha ha, if I had a penny for every wizard of Oz joke I have heard ;) To be quite honest I got taken from my mother (who was unfit at the time) at age 8 and shipped to my father who didn't know I existed (still in Kansas) at 17 he didn't want me anymore and gave my mother back custody. :p so I guess I let old dogs lie and just wanted to get to know my mom again. I'll tell you what she can be stubborn as a mule and we butt heads a lot but I love her anyways. :) I guess I find the honesty refreshing.

:cool:well even thoe you got took from her.and then sent back to her.looks like things may of worked out pretty great for ya..glad you love the stubburn mule and honesty.especilly seeing how thats the best route to take with folks.when it's not best to keep mouth shut..

:cool:well even thoe you got took from her.and then sent back to her.looks like things may of worked out pretty great for ya..glad you love the stubburn mule and honesty.especilly seeing how thats the best route to take with folks.when it's not best to keep mouth shut..
another prepping essential- People skills lol

Haloray, I have some thoughts on this, but at the moment, I think I am brain dead. I will however make a point to sit down tomorrow and put them in a post for you.

Haloray, I have some thoughts on this, but at the moment, I think I am brain dead. I will however make a point to sit down tomorrow and put them in a post for you.
I look forward to it, get some rest! lol

Same here. I had a desk top for years and then hubs got me a laptop just before Christmas and I can sit in my recliner and that can be a recipe for disaster. I was all kicked back last night listening to the wind and thunder and letting my medicine work on my headache and the next thing I knew my hubs was waking me up at 5 this morning.

LMAO!!!! sounds like some thing my mom would do while watching tv and sitting in her recliner..be watching tv one sec.sleeping the next sec..only thing thats kept me of trouble with that,is i never woke her..lmao..

Latest posts

Back