Sticky How prepared are you right now?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have spent a lot of time in the last 2 years practising shooting left handed , right handed and two handed my norm is right handed, I too and not as fast as I used to be so I need to be able to shoot much better than just the old weaver stance.
I had the honor of meeting Col. Jeff Cooper at a gun show in Baton Rouge, Tried not to act like a screaming fan of the Monkeys or the Beatles. But I have read everything he ever published.

I just bought a generator. Its a multi fuel model that pumps out between 5k and 7500w continuous depending on fuel. It can run on gasoline, propane or natural gas. My next project is to get it switched into the house. And to find a way to quiet it down a bit.

I had the honor of meeting Col. Jeff Cooper at a gun show in Baton Rouge, Tried not to act like a screaming fan of the Monkeys or the Beatles. But I have read everything he ever published.

I used to read all his stuff in Guns n Ammo , The Survivalist community owes a huge debt to Cooper, Ragnar Benson and Mel Tappan.

His deveoplment of the Prepper or more correctly the Survivalist scout rifle was amazing, his realisation that many people could only afford ONE gun and it not only had to be used to hunt and pest control but be a defensive weapon as well , AND often forgotten it was meant to be rugged, light, and easy to carry and wear whilst doing chores. He understood that many preppers needed to wear a slung weatherproof rifle / carbine as they worked around the homestead. The way he melded everything into the Scout including the best types of sling as an equal part of the gun was truly pioneering. Though 30 years on I now think modern bullpups can do the job better I still think there is a major place for the scout in every serious preppers armoury.

I am still working on prepping from the winter storm. I got a new space heater, 2 sleeping bags in and another small portable generator. We have scheduled someone to come out and give us an estimate for radiant barrier.
When the plumbers become more available, we will get the pipes wrapped in the attic.

I just bought a generator. Its a multi fuel model that pumps out between 5k and 7500w continuous depending on fuel. It can run on gasoline, propane or natural gas. My next project is to get it switched into the house. And to find a way to quiet it down a bit.
Details please! My 6000w generator got burned up in a fire. Yours sounds great. Make, model, etc. please and give us a review on it.

We have prepping role models right here. When most people talk about prepping, they are talking short term survival during a problem like the freeze in Texas. Here we have some people who are real preppers and can do long term, unassisted survival. I am wondering if I could ever grow enough food to survive unassisted. I am wondering if I could shoot, clean and process game on a large scale. But here there always seems to be people one rung higher on the ladder than I am and so perhaps an attainable goal for me.

We have prepping role models right here. When most people talk about prepping, they are talking short term survival during a problem like the freeze in Texas. Here we have some people who are real preppers and can do long term, unassisted survival. I am wondering if I could ever grow enough food to survive unassisted. I am wondering if I could shoot, clean and process game on a large scale. But here there always seems to be people one rung higher on the ladder than I am and so perhaps an attainable goal for me.

Prepping is like shooting, Aiming high then lowering your sights is easier than aiming low then trying to raise them.

Details please! My 6000w generator got burned up in a fire. Yours sounds great. Make, model, etc. please and give us a review on it.

https://www.firmanpowerequipment.com/shop/t07571/
I paid $699.99

The FIRMAN T07571 tri fuel generator is a 9400 watt trifecta with the ability to run off of gasoline, propane, and natural gas with an electric starting system. Including a 5.5ft LPG hose for convenience using larger tanks, the T07571 is also California emissions certified. Its 8gal tank runs for 12hrs and at 74dB. Our Max Pro Series 439cc engine runs cool and efficient thanks to its Phoenix Fat Head Block. With a built-in 10” wheel kit and folding handle, the tri fuel T07571 can go anywhere and perform however you like.
Note: Available only at Costco. Everything you need is in the box including: oil, funnel, operator’s manual, and spark plug wrench.
FEATURES
  • 439cc Tri fuel engine with low oil shut off and cast iron sleeve
  • 8 gal tank provides 12hrs of run-time. Propane tank not included
  • Multi feature control panel with covered outlets
  • 10″ Heavy Duty Wheels and High Folding Handle
  • Includes 5.5 ft LPG regulator hose
  • Outlets:
    • (2) 5-20R 20A-120V
    • (1) 14-50R 50A-120/240V
    • (1) L14-30R 30A-120V/240V Twist Lock
    • (1) L5-30R 30A-120V Twist Lock
  • Gross Weight – 239 Lbs
  • Unit Weight – 212 Lbs
  • Carton Measurements – 32.1″ x 22.2″ x 24.6″
  • 3 year warranty

I have city water and also have a well and a pond on my many acres. I have public electricity and a 22kw propane generator and a mobile 6.5kw gas/propane generator. We have 2 1000 gallon propane tanks and 6 20 gallon portable tanks. 150 gallons of gasoline stored in 5 gallon cans that I rotate. 40 gallons of diesel in 5 gallon cans for my tractor. 2 250 watt mobile solar panal systems with battery banks.
Have about 300lbs of charcoal. More wood than I can calculate. 16 acres of all woods.

We have all the motor oils, hydrolic fluids and filters, etc.. that we will need for 10 years.

Have all the medical supplies and equipment needed for many years. All the tools, hardware to repair about everything here.

All sorts of weapons and ammo that would be needed and the means to reload and make arrows.

We have 2 ham radios and many bofangs and personal radio's.

Have chickens, both egg layers and meat.

We have about a half acre of gardening space, less than a quarter currently used. Have about an acre of fruit trees and berry bushes.

What we don't have are bees, would love to have a hive. No cows, no goats. I would love to have both, but we have limited pasture.

My property is in a remote area off of a country road, off of a dead end road, down a private gravel road that can be camouflaged and blocked off. It borders a creak, swamp and dense woods. No one will be coming here unless they already know im here.

We just started planting seeds for the garden. The wife wanted to buy lots of flower pots for the seedlings and after she saw the prices.....well, after the dumb question...I told her to go into the next store and find some clear plastic drinking cups and do her thing with them...50 cups for $1.00, 150 cups for her starting the tomatoes, cucumbers and assorted herbs. The peas, beans, carrots, parsnips, pumpkins, collards, red and white turnips, sweet corn, lettuce, red and yellow bell peppers, onions and garlic are gonna need another 300 cups. NOW I NEED MORE SPACE...Rototiller through the garden, sprinkled some nitrogen/potassium, rototilled again, raked it level and will plant in the next weeks different things as they come up and can make it ok...We sow in hope and harvest in thanks. Gary

Latest posts

Back