Sticky How prepared are you right now?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I can still hold my own in the woods in those situations where stealth and marksmanship make up for lack of speed and prowess. I'm too old for street fighting though or a lot of other scenarios. I'm going to have to be like a cottonmouth and stand my ground as long as I can rather than run.

am not too excited about fasting. I am 5'11 and 165 LBS, so I am not dramatically over weight but skipping my one meal a day is not real high on my to-do list either. LOL
I am only 5'6" and weigh in at 185 lbs. (no fat, no stomach) eat what I want and have been like this since about 20 years and stable. Man am I lucky to be healthy, I feel for you all with your problems of insulin tho, my daughter was T 2 for a while, only tablets, then quit altogether and after a few years back to normal at the last checkup.
You are not overweight by any means TMT, hang in there. GP

Having been a prepper since Y2K, picking our pace up considerably since March of this year when Covid quarantining began, frankly......................I'm sick to death of prepping. I told my husband 2 weeks ago "I'm done with it." If we don't have the survival items and enough food stockpiled now, so be it!" If I can't buy it anymore, or can't grow it myself, well I guess I'll just starve and die with the rest of the masses. I'm sure we're forgetting something critical to survival, but at 72 and 75, there's only so much fighting back we can do. There, I've said it and ya'll can pick your jaws up off the floor now.

You are prepared Buttoni! All you really need are necessities. The fact is, when SHTF big time we NEED folks like you! Your experience and wisdom is very valuable. Try to stay positive. *Hugs*

I will keep this in mind, for when the SHTF and insulin is not available. I am still hoping the new meds will work. The lowest dosage did not work, so I am moving up to the next dosage level. I am a little old and slow to catch many bee's. LOL
Talk to a local beekeeper. Most will laugh & give you 100 bees in a zip lock bag and ask to just let them know how it goes. (ok, maybe not in the middle of winter, but during regular season...) Mav found a good link to describe it. Take 10 bees, crush them (mortar/tendon), Put in a tea bag & put in 1/4 cup of water. Make the 'tea', let cool, and drink it. As I said, I'm not a doctor.

Endless supply of water, food for about a year, meds...only 3 months...clothes for 3-4 years, hunting and fishing supplies for years, gas or propane and butane for 3-4 months. If we are not robbed or the mob takes over the land. Endless supply of wood for heating/cooking and two stove heaters, a wood heated water heater and wood fired oven and a portable rocket stove. Better than most but not a far as I would like...but what can you expect from $530,00 a month income since my accident??? Still happy, got a paid off house, garage full of power and hand tools, nail and screws to boot and a very strong woman at my side for 43 years now...live free, Gary

I have the greatest respect for anyone who served in any armed forces but I believe a civilian post SHTF life will be quite different to any war or peace keeping duties although some of the planning we use will be very similar.
It was the survival, medical and navigational skills I was mainly thinking about, IE being able to navigate accurately and safely cross country after TSHTF without getting lost or ambushed. I agree general soldiering skills wont matter that much after TSHTF.

Other than the well mishap, which turned out to be about a $500 mistake, with the freezing temps last week, I think we are sitting "pretty" in a crisis. We never ran out of anything. I feel like we are as prepared as possible right now but also know we never know what the future holds. We will continue doing and living the way we have for years now. . . Growing and raising as much as we can ourselves and stocking up on the items we cant.

I think I can still hold my own in the woods in those situations where stealth and marksmanship make up for lack of speed and prowess. I'm too old for street fighting though or a lot of other scenarios. I'm going to have to be like a cottonmouth and stand my ground as long as I can rather than run.
There was a time when I could have faced the bad guys like marshal Matt on gunsmoke. Those days are gone pretty much. I worked with some really hardcore warriors as a civilian advisor and even their unofficial motto was "No fair fights."

There was a time when I could have faced the bad guys like marshal Matt on gunsmoke. Those days are gone pretty much. I worked with some really hardcore warriors as a civilian advisor and even their unofficial motto was "No fair fights."

I have spent a lot of time in the last 2 years practising shooting left handed , right handed and two handed my norm is right handed, I too and not as fast as I used to be so I need to be able to shoot much better than just the old weaver stance.

Latest posts

Back